Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ARGGHH! vent!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know about you ladies, but I HATE a messy house. I KNOW it's not the most important thing in the world but I literally feel tired, lazy, and grumpy when the dishes are in the sink dirty, the floors aren't vacuumed, counters aren't wiped, toys aren't picked up, laundry not done, etc. The biggest thing is I HATE clutter and living in a small apartment is not working for me right now. My big vent though is that my DH (I do love him dearly) HATES cleaning. Everytime I ask him to do something (reasonable) like vacuum or something he whines. I even hate it more that I HAVE to ask him. If I never said a damn thing about the house needing cleaned on a daily basis he wouldn't lift a finger. He said he grew up in a messy house (and his parent's house is kind've messy and very cluttered) but that isn't an excuse! I hate having to tell him to clean stuff but he said that is the only way he will ever do it because he's not *programmed* to WANT to clean.

graphics for moms

Breastfeeding. Church-going Christian. Childhood Abuse Survivor.Pro-Life. Anti- Death Penalty. Anti- CIO. NEWLY Anti- Vaccinating(ask me). Disposable Diapering. LOVING mama of two, Madison Liliana Faye (06/20/07) and Isabelle Serenity Rose (11/12/08)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kristjansmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hmm that sounds exactly like my husband.  I get so mad when I work a weekend he has off and he does NOTHING around the house.  UGH.

madisonmommy19
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Well, and another thing I didn't mention... We BOTH are in college (right now me online classes) and he is in piloting school, we both work the same hours at the SAME JOB at that. I'm nursing so I think that takes up quite a bit of time. And we try to share duties with the kids (19 ms and 2 ms) so it's not like I do less work than him...

graphics for moms

Breastfeeding. Church-going Christian. Childhood Abuse Survivor.Pro-Life. Anti- Death Penalty. Anti- CIO. NEWLY Anti- Vaccinating(ask me). Disposable Diapering. LOVING mama of two, Madison Liliana Faye (06/20/07) and Isabelle Serenity Rose (11/12/08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)