Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear glasses?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 18 Replies

I wear glasses and I REALLY need to get new frames with my new prescription in them.  I am still wearing 4 year old frames with an old prescription...I am just so incredibly unsure of what I think I look good in and what I want lol.  I dont really care for the ones I like now and they are so flimsy and never stay on my face and are so bent out of shape.  So, if you want to share...maybe I could get some kind of idea lol.  Lets see pics of you girls with your glasses! Here's a pic of me...If you have any suggestions on what you think might be something I should look for, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mayasmummi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Mari

tcravey2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

here is mine

your eyes are gorgeous

monshine2
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Not anymore - I had lasik done 3.5 years ago and it was the best money ever spent!!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM

i don't have any online pics of me.  I am waiting to get my next pair of glasses because they will be bifocals and I want to wait as long as possible.  I am still ok, but getting there.  Mine are wire frams with a purple tint to them.  My last 2 pairs have been similar color. 

Jmum
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

This is my current pair. Josie broke the last ones, so I had to pick in a hurry.

These are the ones she broke...

And there's the ones before. I was, like, a week pregnant in this picture. (fun fact!)

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow

jabs54
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I hate getting new glasses.  How are you suppose to pick out ones that look good on you when you can't see?!?!?!  The last time I took my oldest dd with me to pick them out.  I was totally in her hands.  The next time she came over she looked at me and said "Are those the ones I picked out?!"  I'm like "Um, yes!"  So, I guess even letting someone else pick out your glasses doesn't work ;)  Good luck, you're such a cute girl, I'm sure you'll look great.  Post us a picture so we can see your new glasses.

boriqualinda7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM

heres 2 of my different frames'

moebonner
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I hate my glasses, but I like to see where I am going :)  I think the shape of your glasses are very nice, maybe a new color frame would perk things up a bit. I always seem to get the same oval shaped frames, but change the colors for myself. good luck :) sunglasses mini

EzrasMommy2008
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Maybe ones simliar to the ones you're wearing? I think you look pretty with those! But I am not good at picking those things out either, for me or for anybody else. An old friend of mine, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, helped pick the ones I have out.

(Ezra was tired in this picture:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)