Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SIL, the rude wench

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well surprise surprise, my sister in law is being rude again. I swear she has no brain cells that tell you when you should rethink what you are about to say. I had a poll on my Myspace page asking which first name for girls (and one for boys) people preferred. That's it. No "does it sound right with this"...She comments that none of the girl names sound good with my last name. Uh, did I ask that? NO. I asked which first name was preferred. And I can't erase the dang comment since she commented on the poll itself, not in my comments. This is a habit with her. She doesn't care who she's talking to, she is so rude! I'm all for honesty, so that never bothers me when she's being honest. It only bothers me the way she says things. Most of the time its unsolicited "advice" she thinks, when its actually what she WANTS someone to do whether its the best idea for them or not. Yeah, advice on things like parenting or buying a house from an unmarried spoiled rotten 22 year old who lives in an apartment. How ridiculous. So I left her a comment, being as nice as I could be, saying that I like all the names on the poll...and that DH and I both think they sound fine with our last name. I added (to make sure I get my point across) that we will ultimately make the decision, but we wanted to know what the most popular name was among our friends. I bet she gets bent out of shape like always. I don't really have a question here, just a mini-rant. LOL.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baly2001
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I would just ignore her.

So what are the names?

Edit: I think the name Kenai is a great name for a boy. If I have another boy then I think that is the name I want to use. It is also the little boys name in the movie Brother Bear.

GOBryan
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I don't understand how by her saying that none of the chosen names sound good with your last name is rude.. It's more like an opinion.

RiyahsMommy08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Quoting kbates1208:

not. Yeah, advice on things like parenting or buying a house from an unmarried spoiled rotten 22 year old who lives in an apartment. How ridiculous.

What does her being unmarried have to do with anything? Or the fact that she lives in an apartment?

kbates1208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Its a looong story. She has a habit, like I said of saying things in such a way that is rude. For instance...we bought a house. Without knowing a thing about it, she tells us in front of people, "you paid too much for that house." One, she had no clue how much we paid, and two it was not her place to say that. The point was, I didn't ask her to tell me if it sounded good with my last name. I had a poll to ask what the most preferred first name was.

Quoting GOBryan:

I don't understand how by her saying that none of the chosen names sound good with your last name is rude.. It's more like an opinion.

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM

i think she was probably saying she didnt like any of them when paired with your last name.... unless you are making up a last name for the baby, then its a valid opinion

Quoting kbates1208:

Its a looong story. She has a habit, like I said of saying things in such a way that is rude. For instance...we bought a house. Without knowing a thing about it, she tells us in front of people, "you paid too much for that house." One, she had no clue how much we paid, and two it was not her place to say that. The point was, I didn't ask her to tell me if it sounded good with my last name. I had a poll to ask what the most preferred first name was.

Quoting GOBryan:

kbates1208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

She has no children, so telling us (or anyone) what we should and should not do with our children is ridiculous. We don't ask her opinion on things because of the way she pretends to know what is best for everyone. If someone doesn't take her advice, she gets pissed. She doesn't have a house and has never bought a house, so how would she know anything about real estate deals? Also, her being unmarried just means she knows nothing about marriage, much less ours. She puts her two cents in when she's not asked. We asked if she liked the way our house looked and she blurts out that it cost too much. WTF? NOT what we asked.

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

Quoting kbates1208:

not. Yeah, advice on things like parenting or buying a house from an unmarried spoiled rotten 22 year old who lives in an apartment. How ridiculous.

What does her being unmarried have to do with anything? Or the fact that she lives in an apartment?

kbates1208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I don't guess anyone has dealt with a such a SIL like I have. There is a lot of back story involved in this that would take entirely too long to tell. She says what she thinks people should do and gets mad if they don't follow her "opinion". I appreciate her voting on the poll, since I posted it for everyone to vote on. As for the last name thing, it just wasn't the question we asked. We didn't ask any opinion on how it sounded with our last name. We already went through the names and we liked several (with our last name). To narrow down the choices, we asked our friends to tell us their favorite name. She has offered some first names that I didn't agree with and she got all mad. That's stupid. Its not her kid.

Quoting Momsince1106:

i think she was probably saying she didnt like any of them when paired with your last name.... unless you are making up a last name for the baby, then its a valid opinion

Quoting kbates1208:

Quoting GOBryan:

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:03 PM

exactly.... its no her kid, so why are u so worried about other people's opinions?

and i dont have a SIl like that, but i definately have a MIL like that

Quoting kbates1208:

I don't guess anyone has dealt with a such a SIL like I have. There is a lot of back story involved in this that would take entirely too long to tell. She says what she thinks people should do and gets mad if they don't follow her "opinion". I appreciate her voting on the poll, since I posted it for everyone to vote on. As for the last name thing, it just wasn't the question we asked. We didn't ask any opinion on how it sounded with our last name. We already went through the names and we liked several (with our last name). To narrow down the choices, we asked our friends to tell us their favorite name. She has offered some first names that I didn't agree with and she got all mad. That's stupid. Its not her kid.

Quoting Momsince1106:

Quoting kbates1208:

Quoting GOBryan:

kbates1208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Thanks. I'm not being petty, honest. LOL. Like I said, there is a long story behind it. Some things she said that was not advice or opinions we asked for recently caused us not to speak to her because she got so angry that we bought a freakin house. So her saying none of them sounded good really means in "her" language that they all suck. Fine...so don't vote! LOL! Anyhow, the names we have agreed on (thank goodness we agree on something)

Piper

Dylan

Reese

Jordan

Quoting baly2001:

I would just ignore her.

So what are the names?

Edit: I think the name Kenai is a great name for a boy. If I have another boy then I think that is the name I want to use. It is also the little boys name in the movie Brother Bear.

kbates1208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Not worried. I asked for opinions on a certain thing. I don't like her pushy advice basically.

Quoting Momsince1106:

exactly.... its no her kid, so why are u so worried about other people's opinions?

and i dont have a SIl like that, but i definately have a MIL like that

Quoting kbates1208:

Quoting Momsince1106:

Quoting kbates1208:

Quoting GOBryan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)