Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

This may seem like a stupid question but how long do you ladies boil your eggs for? I have three in right now and need to know a good time. I always seem to screw them up and either over or undercook.

graphics for moms

Breastfeeding. Church-going Christian. Childhood Abuse Survivor.Pro-Life. Anti- Death Penalty. Anti- CIO. NEWLY Anti- Vaccinating(ask me). Disposable Diapering. LOVING mama of two, Madison Liliana Faye (06/20/07) and Isabelle Serenity Rose (11/12/08)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
strawgirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM

20 min after the water starts to boil

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I think boiling for 3 minutes is a soft boiled egg.  8 minutes for a hard boiled egg. 

madisonmommy19
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

dang! 3-8 minutes and a jump to 20 mins.....

graphics for moms

Breastfeeding. Church-going Christian. Childhood Abuse Survivor.Pro-Life. Anti- Death Penalty. Anti- CIO. NEWLY Anti- Vaccinating(ask me). Disposable Diapering. LOVING mama of two, Madison Liliana Faye (06/20/07) and Isabelle Serenity Rose (11/12/08)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I searched online. 

Quoting madisonmommy19:

dang! 3-8 minutes and a jump to 20 mins.....

mineralgirlzmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Depends on the size of the egg. Roughly 8-10 minutes for a hard boiled egg.

alexisw
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Saw this on Martha Stewart about 10 years ago and it's fail-proof. Place the eggs in cold water and bring just to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pan and let sit for exactly 20 minutes. They will be perfectly done every time without getting that greenish color on the outside of the yolk. 

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler

lady_kira
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I've always done mine for 10 min. after the water starts boiling and they always come out good.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Don't ask me not to care
I am the heart
I beat steadily, I beat erratically
Don't ask me not to hurt
When you've taken for granted
the blood I pulse through your veins.
-By Me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)