Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is really nice and can only come from someone that knows

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Bush twins offer advice for Sasha, Malia

Tue Jan 20, 6:16 pm ET

WASHINGTON - Just in time for move-in day, the Bush twins offered their best advice Tuesday to Sasha and Malia Obama on living in a "magical place" called the White House.

In an open letter to the Obama kids, 27-year-olds Barbara and Jenna Bush advised the girls to relish it all - to "go to anything and everything you possibly can."

"Just go," they wrote in a letter published in the Wall Street Journal. "Four years goes by so fast, so absorb it all, enjoy it all!"

The twins reminisced about their favorite memories of the White House, and gave plenty of specific advice, too, to 7-year-old Sasha and 10-year-old Malia:

_Surround yourselves with loyal friends.

_Trick-or-treat down the plane aisle if you're traveling on Halloween.

_Cherish your pets "because sometimes you'll need the quiet comfort that only animals can provide."

_And this: "Slide down the banister of the solarium, go to T-ball games, have swimming parties, and play Sardines on the White House lawn. Have fun and enjoy your childhood in such a magical place to live and play."

The twins turned serious at the end, recalling how the public image of their own father got distorted over the years.

"He is our father, not the sketch in the paper or part of a skit on TV," they wrote.

As for the Obama girls' dad, they added, "Many people will think they know him, but they have no idea how he felt the day you were born, the pride he felt on your first day of school, or how much you both love being his daughters. So here is our most important piece of advice: remember who your dad really is."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090120/ap_on_re_us/inauguration_twins__advice/print

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
greenie63
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM

awww that was sweet!

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

How sweet was that?

Meme

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. "

dhhaj
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I read that before and thought it was profound.

alexisw
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Love that last part about remembering who your dad really is. Bush has been so demonized (at times, fairly) but let's also remember he is a son, husband, brother and father. The same is true of Obama and he has a long, hard road ahead of him. Not every day of the next four years will he be as liked as he was during this election and already those little girls have heard and read some horrible things about him I'm sure. It can't be easy to grow up with that.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)