Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes and ear infections piog

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son had tubes put in back in feb. He had two ear infection between then and august. He has had three since August. He has his ent appt feb 5. Iam just tired of him getting them and i know the tubes are not to prevent them but help them drain. His adnoids are not big they checked before.....I seem to remeber he said something about taking them out if he keeps getting infections. Is that true would it help? or mabye i heard it wrong.....Thanks for your help

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

It may be better if they had taken the adenoids but maybe not.  They took my daughters adenoids when they put her tubes in and she didn't have ear infections again for years.  I worked for the ENT and sometimes they just don't work, but at least they drain and you don't have the build up and pain and ruptured ear drums. 

irishluck112211
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Ya thats true....im just sick of going to the doctors everytime he gets one( they wont call anything in for him without seeing him)

Quoting atlmom2:

It may be better if they had taken the adenoids but maybe not. They took my daughters adenoids when they put her tubes in and she didn't have ear infections again for years. I worked for the ENT and sometimes they just don't work, but at least they drain and you don't have the build up and pain and ruptured ear drums.

Domzmom2005
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:54 PM

My brother was having problems like that, they put the tubes in and ended taking out his adnoids too, which helped a lot

wife_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

my son will be 5yrs. old next monday. and he has had 4 sets of tubes put in and his abnoids taken out with the first set of tubes. it didn't help my son as you can see. he still has ear infections and problems. They say removing the adnoids helps some kids. you no every child is different!

I NO WHERE YOU COME FROM WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE TIRED OF ALL THE REPEATED EAR INFECTIONS! because i'm in that boat myself!

I HOPE THE LITTLE ONE GETS BETTER!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Yes, that is a pain that they always want to see them, and having them be on antibiotics over and over again.  Hopefully he will grow out of them. 

Quoting irishluck112211:

Ya thats true....im just sick of going to the doctors everytime he gets one( they wont call anything in for him without seeing him)

Quoting atlmom2:

It may be better if they had taken the adenoids but maybe not. They took my daughters adenoids when they put her tubes in and she didn't have ear infections again for years. I worked for the ENT and sometimes they just don't work, but at least they drain and you don't have the build up and pain and ruptured ear drums.

darkeyedmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Very interesting post. My hubby is going to have tubes put in his ears sometime in March. Thank you for posting on this subject.

becky92617
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I'm so sorry for you and your son! I know what a pain ear infections and fluid can be. Cash just had tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out in December, and it made a world of difference (except now he getting some 2 year molars, so back to cranky, but at least for a different reason). Our ENT actually recommends taking adenoids out of children with overlapping infections or fluid that won't go away. Cash's adenoids were very swollen and needed to come out.  Now he can breathe better and he sleeps better. You should talk to your ENT about it.

Becky~~Proud Mommy to Cash & Colten

09-27-06

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)