Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do about this cat!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM
  • 38 Replies

A few months back I took this 2 year old cat from a lady who was pregnant and didn't want to keep the cat because of that. I asked the lady if the cat was litter box trained because I have a 2 year old  daughter and cat mess on my carpet will not be tolerated. The first night I got the cat she peed and pooped on my daughter carpet, I figured she was nervous in a new home, then she kept doing it. I showed her to her litter box and even put her poo in it so she could get that where poop goes. 2 weeks later after trying to litter box train this cat and shes still pooping and peeing on my carpet, I called the lady and told her that the cat was messing all over the place and she told me not to call her that its my problem now. Ive tried calling her back and the number doesnt work anymore. IM SO SICK OF SUCKING UP PISS WITH THE CARPET WASHER!!!! im going out of my mind, my daughters room is going to permanately stink!! I cant take this cat!!! What should I do????

* not to mention my SO is highly allergic to her!

*Hailey Dorothy* January 30th, 2007 @3:04pm  *My 1 and only Lil'Princess*

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM

i dont really have any advice...i would take the cat and sit it on her doorstep, knock on the door then run lol...so here is a bump for you

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Oh yuck. My cats recently ruined my recliner. I have tried everything and the smell will just not come out. I would find a new home for the cat. Post an ad on petfinder or craigslist, list it as a special needs cat.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

RobynP
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Get rid of the cat.

MamaSyn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Sounds like the cat needs a new home... like the humane society.  The only other option I can think of is to get a water spray bottle.  Whenever you see the cat going to pee or poop on the carpet, give it a good shot in the face.  Then pick it up and walk it to the litter box.  But, older cats are extremely hard to train.  Good luck!

AndrewsMommy01
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Quoting RobynP:

Get rid of the cat.

ForeverInLove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I am one to keep cats, but in this situation, I agree. Get rid of her. Your daughetr's health is WAY mroe important.

If you aren't up for getting rid of the cat, try getting a new kind of litter. Sometimes, cats just don't like the litter

Quoting RobynP:

Get rid of the cat.

Aamy
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Get some cat repelent spray and SPRAY the area this cat is pooping in. Have you actually picked the cat up and put her INTO the litter box ??? Have you taken the cat to the vet to make sure there is nothing wrong with it ??? Take the cat to the vet and talk to them.

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

MoodyMamma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

My cat did the same thing. I put up w/ it for 6 years, trying everything I could to remedy the problem. The vet checked for a bladder problem etc and I even had her spayed. I tried new litter, more litter boxes, cleaning stuff that's supposed to make them stop, NOTHING. Then I had my new baby and this damn cat peed in her bed. I put up w/ it once and then it happened a 2nd time. Nobody would take this cat, no shelter will try to adopt a pisser and they were going to charge me since they were going to euthanize her. Well, I couldn't afford it so the little snot is now living (I hope) on a farm that we dumped her at. Others can call me cruel, but it was either a for sure death sentence or giving her a chance at the farm where she had a nice warm barn to live in and the owners bring a big bowl of food out for the other barn cats every day. I had to make a choice and I chose my kids cause living in cat filth is not healthy :( Good luck!!

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you don't have any tattoos.

Sookie02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Cats are generally very tidy animals. When one refuses to use a litter box, it can be a sign of illness. The cat may have a urinary tract infection. I would definetly take the cat to the vet. If it is ill, taking care of the illness should alleviate the problem of not using the box. Since animals can't speak with their voice, their way of telling us they're sick is to do things that are out of character for them. Unusual "bathroom" habits are usually the first way they tell us something is wrong. Also, make sure to have the cat spayed or neutered. Good Luck! :)

CODYSMOM_00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

can you keep the cat outside?cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)