Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am planning to get my hair done in a different style for my birthday.

Would you go in and just tell the hairdresser to do what they think will look good, or would u bring in a pic?

I have brought in a pic before, or at least picked one in a book. I feel fairly strongly that it's just hair and it'll grow back if i dont like it. I am thinkin gof just telling the hairdresser that i dont want it super short, but to do what they think will look good.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2Joshy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM

i tell them to work their magic and surprise me. ive never hated it.

Erin

Mommy to Joshua , born 2/12/07 and Jacob, born 7/11/08

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

If you have something in mind I would for sure take a pic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

everytime i go in with something in my head, it doesnt come out all that good. My friend cut my hair last time and she jacked it up pretty good.... i let it grow out for awhile and then got it fixed.

i want something easy to manage but that can look great if i put a little effort in. I'm kind of looking for a punk-ish style, but nothing too extreme.... ya know?

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

trist22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I hope you have a hairstylist that you TRUST. I think hairstyles should not only fit a persons face shape but their clothing style and personality ( which is hard to do when you don't really know a client). My Friend went in on a walk-in basis wanting something "new" and allowed the "new" hairdresser to have her way. She ended up leaving the salon and going directly to a wig store and buying a hair piece for the back of her hair. The stylist messed her hair up that bad!  Me personally? I would take a few pics of what you think you like and suits you and then ask the stylist's opinion as well before making any cut.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I would look through a magazine or online and get some idea's... and take them and show them. And like the person above said... try to go to someone you trust.

Quoting Momsince1106:

everytime i go in with something in my head, it doesnt come out all that good. My friend cut my hair last time and she jacked it up pretty good.... i let it grow out for awhile and then got it fixed.

i want something easy to manage but that can look great if i put a little effort in. I'm kind of looking for a punk-ish style, but nothing too extreme.... ya know?

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:30 PM

ive never gotten close to a hairstylist. the only ones that i know are my MIL's hairdresser (who has never cut my hair) and my brother's gf (we had a falling out recently and i dont trust her right now with scissors near my hair)

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

I would look through a magazine or online and get some idea's... and take them and show them. And like the person above said... try to go to someone you trust.

Quoting Momsince1106:

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

oimel00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I would go in and let the hairdressor do what he/she thinks is best, I've always been pleased with the results whenever when I let them work their magic.

oimel00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Well then you need a new hair stylist, lol, I tell mine everything, she is so cool.

Quoting Momsince1106:

ive never gotten close to a hairstylist. the only ones that i know are my MIL's hairdresser (who has never cut my hair) and my brother's gf (we had a falling out recently and i dont trust her right now with scissors near my hair)

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

Quoting Momsince1106:

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

carter210
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I would only because I have the same hairdresser for 2 years. She is really good. She also cuts my grandma's hair so I know her very well and would trust her to do whatever she wanted. But that being said I woul NEVER go into a salon where I don't know the stylist and tell them to do what ever they wanted! I don't know if I woul have that much trust in someone I've never met but that's just my opinion.

I'm an 18 year old single mommy to my 3 year old son, Carter. I go to High School and I am a senior! (class of 2009 baby!) When I'm not at school I work to support myself and my son. I am pro-life, spanking (sometimes), CIO, co-sleeping, formula feeding, disposable diapering, vaccinating, single mommy. I work hard and I love my son! If you don't like tough because it's my life and my son... not yours! Put on your big girl panties and suck it!

imthemama0608
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:00 PM

me and my sister are going to get our hair chopped off.. we have pretty good length hair but we want to do something spontaneous... but i dont think i would walk into a salon and tell them to have at it.. lol. :)... there is a site i went on to check out what i would look like with different hair styles.. its www.taaz.com.. its pretty cool, you can do anything.. hair, makeup, contacts, its pretty cool.. good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)