Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Duggars

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM
  • 114 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you like the Duggars

Options:

yes

no

dont know

dont care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 225

View Results

What do you think?  Can you believe they have 18 kids and no debt...pay cash for everything, and that is all before having a tv income....

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM

i think its great that they're debt free

i dont watch the show, im more into 'jon and kate plus 8'

carter210
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I can believe it. They work really hard. They buy everything cheap and at a bargain price. They don't even buy new shoes! They own commercial properties and dealships. I like the Duggars!

I'm an 18 year old single mommy to my 3 year old son, Carter. I go to High School and I am a senior! (class of 2009 baby!) When I'm not at school I work to support myself and my son. I am pro-life, spanking (sometimes), CIO, co-sleeping, formula feeding, disposable diapering, vaccinating, single mommy. I work hard and I love my son! If you don't like tough because it's my life and my son... not yours! Put on your big girl panties and suck it!

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I dont watch "reality shows", so I really couldnt care less about the Duggars...  However I do think that 18 kids is a bit too much when there are so many unwanted children in the streets and the system...

dhhaj
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I can't stand them. Go ahead and bash away, I don't care, the kids are little slaves and the girls are the mothers in that family. They have no time to be children because they are to busy raising their parents other kids. I can't stand it.

mamahunnybee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Uggghhhh I agree!  throwing up

Quoting dhhaj:

I can't stand them. Go ahead and bash away, I don't care, the kids are little slaves and the girls are the mothers in that family. They have no time to be children because they are to busy raising their parents other kids. I can't stand it.

ajacks23
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I can admire how good they managing finances for such a ginormous family.  That being said they completely creep me out.

Autumn22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I love them! :)

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM

i'm still really surprised that her uterus hasn't fallen out of her vagina by now!!!!

damira
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM

No I don't like them but I believe that they really live like that. My cousin lives down the street from them and is cool with the mom. She said the dh is controlling and arrogant.

KellyChristal
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM

This is the main problem with this family.  The kids dont get to live a normal life...My other problem with them is the oldest one and how his marriage is playing out...I mean he is marrying a girl and he has never even kissed her before or anyone else?  Odd to say the least.  I think they teach their kids some good lessons, but all in all they are weird...AND WHY DO THEY WEAR SUCH UGLY CLOTHES?

Quoting dhhaj:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)