Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

american idol disappointment.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

well, i live in louisville ky and i am upset with how the show turned out. i went to the auditions, and there were SOOOO many good people in line... being there for 2 nights all night long in line, you get to know people. i wasnt trying out... my sister in law was. she is good, but she didnt make it past the producers, they said she was good but didnt stand out, which is understandable. (oh and the show is muchhh different, you have to go through two auditions before you get to go to the judges.)

but........... seriously. they showed about 5 people actually from kentucky, all of which were for laughs, except one... from bowling green. idk, i was just disapointed that they only showed one person from ky that made it at a louisville, ky audition. i havent paid enough attenion to the other auditions, to see if its like this in other states.... but i was really expecting to see more people from kentucky on the show.

11,000 people tried out, and only one was good enough for the show?

oh well, if you pause the show at just the right spot on my tivo, you can see me and nicki standing in line. =) haha. that made my day. lol.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MarGeee
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Too bad they should have let her in,I for one am so sick of that show they let in some of the strangest people that cant sing if their life depended on it!

lady_kira
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM

So this means that the producers allow the really awful people in just for the laughs? That sounds a little cruel to me... these people actually think they've got a shot and then they totally get humiliated infront of the judges.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Don't ask me not to care
I am the heart
I beat steadily, I beat erratically
Don't ask me not to hurt
When you've taken for granted
the blood I pulse through your veins.
-By Me

Kelly1214
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:05 PM

That is exactly what the beginning of this show is for, the laughs. It seems to me that there are more "bad" singers than good during the first episodes.   I gave up on American Idol last season, I only like to watch Hollywood week.  I feel so bad for some of the people that they make fun of, and this new judge, she really seems like a bi*@h to me....JMO!

Quoting lady_kira:

So this means that the producers allow the really awful people in just for the laughs? That sounds a little cruel to me... these people actually think they've got a shot and then they totally get humiliated infront of the judges.

Allie567
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM

there was a girl from our area that went and auditioned in San Antonio, TX last year.  She has been singing since she was a little girl, has had voice lessons, sings with churches, marachi's and such from our local area.  She is a plain jane girl and she is really good and she didn't make it past the producers.  I'm sure she didnt' stand out enough for them.  Unlike that stupid bikini girl.  They just wants sluts on the show?  All the slutie looking girls get through right away.  It's wrong that they let the bad ones through just for tv ratings.  I haven't watched it much this year don't think I'm gonna, it's getting old. 

me-n-mygirls
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Allie567:

there was a girl from our area that went and auditioned in San Antonio, TX last year.  She has been singing since she was a little girl, has had voice lessons, sings with churches, marachi's and such from our local area.  She is a plain jane girl and she is really good and she didn't make it past the producers.  I'm sure she didnt' stand out enough for them.  Unlike that stupid bikini girl.  They just wants sluts on the show?  All the slutie looking girls get through right away.  It's wrong that they let the bad ones through just for tv ratings.  I haven't watched it much this year don't think I'm gonna, it's getting old. 

That's how the bikini girl made it to TV  if she had dressed right or appropriate then she wouldn't of made it to the judges :)  I'm not so sure it was her first try...........

~~~Shontell~~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)