Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the ladies who think our military does nothing...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM
  • 136 Replies

I got this in my email today. Tell me after you read this that you still think they dont deserve the benefits they receive.

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were.  A certain Lieutenant Colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must have stung quite a bit..

The complaint:

'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune!  Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special? 

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland   Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Who m do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Replies (1-10):
kirstee_roozen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Thank you for posting this...I'm getting fed-up with women who are anti-military!

I am an Army wife...If you can't support the troops, you can stand in front of them. I don't cuss like a sailor...I cuss like a fucking soilder's wife...Hooah! You hate the war, but don't support the troops? Well, I have one word for you...Pathetic! All soilder's wives hate the war, but we stand behind the troops because they are over there protecting your freedom, so you don't have to! Military wives have the hardest jobs in this country. We put our own lives and families on hold...for your freedom. We are sexually deprived for your freedom...So next time you judge the Army, just remember that It's not a job, it's an HONOR...and Behind every strong soldier there is an even stronger woman, who stands beside him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart!

prettymommyap07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM

So am I.

Quoting kirstee_roozen:

Thank you for posting this...I'm getting fed-up with women who are anti-military!

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM

crying

kirstee_roozen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I'm crying too! My soldier is in training for the next 6 months. My 7 month old misses her Daddy and isn't sleeping well unless in bed cuddling with his pillow and giraffe stuffed animal. I'm pregnant and he won't even be here until 3 weeks before our newest addition's birth. And even that'snot a guarantee. He might get held over until afterwards!

I am an Army wife...If you can't support the troops, you can stand in front of them. I don't cuss like a sailor...I cuss like a fucking soilder's wife...Hooah! You hate the war, but don't support the troops? Well, I have one word for you...Pathetic! All soilder's wives hate the war, but we stand behind the troops because they are over there protecting your freedom, so you don't have to! Military wives have the hardest jobs in this country. We put our own lives and families on hold...for your freedom. We are sexually deprived for your freedom...So next time you judge the Army, just remember that It's not a job, it's an HONOR...and Behind every strong soldier there is an even stronger woman, who stands beside him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart!

CARA2008
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Love it!! I am from Yuma AZ and we often hear complaints about the jets flying "too loudly" over head. I think its beautiful, like we say "that's the sound of freedom".

Havent really read posts on here about the military except one about people joining for the benefits and that was enough for me. I guess the question should be what doesnt the military do? FYI my husband is not in the military.

Autumn22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I just don't see how they are fighting for our freedom right now...

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

prettymommyap07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Thats the post that made me mad.

Quoting CARA2008:

Love it!! I am from Yuma AZ and we often hear complaints about the jets flying "too loudly" over head. I think its beautiful, like we say "that's the sound of freedom".

Havent really read posts on here about the military except one about people joining for the benefits and that was enough for me. I guess the question should be what doesnt the military do? FYI my husband is not in the military.

prettymommyap07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Well I guess anyone can come to our country and kill thousands. Just because you dont believe in what they are doing, doesnt mean they dont deserve it.

Quoting Autumn22:

kirstee_roozen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Yeah (Sorry Im hijacking) but IMO no one should be mad that a soldier joins just for the benefits. He still has a job to do, he still has to support his country, his family still suffers from being without him, but damn....He's bettering his life, his family's life and our entire fucking country's life!

Public Assistance just can't be compared to Joining the military just for the benefits!

And I think this story is amazing. I'd love to hear jets flying everyday if I could. they are so graceful and I even think they're beautiful. (my mom works on planes and helicopters.)

Autumn22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

www.911truth.org

Quoting prettymommyap07:

Well I guess anyone can come to our country and kill thousands. Just because you dont believe in what they are doing, doesnt mean they dont deserve it.

Quoting Autumn22:

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)