• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH and the Vegas Bachelor party

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so last night we went to a friends birthday party and while there DH was talking to his brother about his(brother) upcoming wedding in May. Well my BIL ask DH for his email address so that he can give it to his best man. A guy that used to be DH's best friend but he has recently (well both of us) had a huge falling out with, and now neither one of us want anything to do with jerk. Anyway, he is planning 4 days in Las Vegas for the bachelor party! Ok we live in DE. We dont take seperate vacations, DH works so much much we dont get that much family time so he doesnt want to leave for 4 days, and  It's $495 per person, yes thats a great deal, but we dont have that kind of money. Plus DH delivers papers in the morning. If we want to go anywhere DH has to pay someone to cover his route. So its pretty much a no go. I mean we are not even sure we Will be able to make it to the rehearsal because its in DC and we would have to both pay someone to cover for DH and get a hotel room for the 4 of us for 2 nights in DC. Well, On the car ride home DH was kinda upset, While yes he hates the best mans guts, he still wanted to be there for his brother. And now thats not possible. He said he feels like the guy is doing this to be spiteful(and yeah this jerk would, and most likely is doing this cause he knows DH wont go). So how can I make DH feel better about this? We thought if anything it would be a few bars in Baltimore, most likely a strip club somewhere in there that DH would sit out of but thats the most awkward, not a 4 dayy trip to Vegas. I just feel bad that DH feels left out. His friends are always doing this kind of stuff to him. You know making plans then telling him afterwards about it. 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM

heres an idea but i think its time for hubby to make new friends & let the "supposed friends" be bygones cause a friend will never make plans & not say anything unless they dont want to hang out w/him kwim???

abby9876
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Wouldn't his own brother know that those plans were impossible for him to be included in? It's his bachelor party & his brother; he should've been the one to call it a "no go" & ask for something his brother could be able to attend. Sure what the ex friend did wasn't cool, but ultimately it's the brother's place to say something. It's his day & his brother. If he really wanted him there, he'd make sure it could happen IMO.

A woman is like a tea bag~you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

~Eleanor Roosevelt ~

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM

These other guys are just friends.  They are family, they'll be there for each other for the rest of their lives.  Maybe before or after his Vegas trip, they plan something to do, just as brothers.  Go out for a night, just the two of them and have fun. 

~Jill~

RheaF
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Quoting abby9876:

Wouldn't his own brother know that those plans were impossible for him to be included in? It's his bachelor party & his brother; he should've been the one to call it a "no go" & ask for something his brother could be able to attend. Sure what the ex friend did wasn't cool, but ultimately it's the brother's place to say something. It's his day & his brother. If he really wanted him there, he'd make sure it could happen IMO.

Well the first plan that my BIL wanted was a week trip to Maine. But no one could really make that. And to be honest, and DH hates it, but he really doesnt talk to his brother all that much. It's sad. He lives up by DC only 2 hours away but they never really come and just visit. I think we have seen him maybe 3 times in the past year. But ITA he should have realized that DH and a few others were not gonna make it. I am going to mention to DH that maybe he can take his bro out, and a few other friends can go sometime. That way he can still go celebrate. I think its funny too that BIL and this other guy are still calling it his "last night of freedom" # it's not the night before the wedding, and #2 HE"S ALREADY MARRIED!!!!! They got legally married in November, but are having the big ceremony in May.

vannahsmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

well first off. vegas is not disney land... you dont need 4 days to go and visit all vegas has to offer! i live  here... i know. all they are going to do is go to strip clubs and go to bars... same thing they would do back home. yes, it sounds like a good deal but i would tell him not to worry too much about it. if he cant go then he cant go! i say to make the wedding is WAY more important than the Party! and if his friends planned it just to be mean then they are nothing but some middle school girls! FORGET THEM!

tommysmommy05
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I'm going to teach you a magical word. A word that can solve your problems. Are you ready? Here it comes, NO!

If you can't afford it don't go. Tell these people right away and be very up front and honest about it.

I was in LV in Nov. I hated it! I wanted to go home the second my flight landed.

Just my 2 cents!

Jodi

RheaF
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Quoting vannahsmom07:

well first off. vegas is not disney land... you dont need 4 days to go and visit all vegas has to offer! i live  here... i know. all they are going to do is go to strip clubs and go to bars... same thing they would do back home. yes, it sounds like a good deal but i would tell him not to worry too much about it. if he cant go then he cant go! i say to make the wedding is WAY more important than the Party! and if his friends planned it just to be mean then they are nothing but some middle school girls! FORGET THEM!

Thats the other reason DH and another one of the guys dont want to go. DH is not a gambler either(we have maybe $10 that he could gamble with anyway,lol) So all the 2 of them would do is sit in the hotel room and play video games. DH just said that maybe a weekend up at his moms(there is an empty family owned house that they can all go to) and have like a mass xbox weekend or something. Go out get a few cases and everyone can hang there. That way its a hell of alot cheaper, and noone has to worry about driving anywhere. And BIL gets 2 bachleor parties.

RheaF
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quoting tommysmommy05:

I'm going to teach you a magical word. A word that can solve your problems. Are you ready? Here it comes, NO!

If you can't afford it don't go. Tell these people right away and be very up front and honest about it.

I was in LV in Nov. I hated it! I wanted to go home the second my flight landed.

Just my 2 cents!

Jodi

LOL, I wish DH would learn that one!!!!!! It's not me. We have already said he cant go(well he hasnt told BIL yet) It's just that DH feels bad about it. Like BIL knows there was no way DH could go, or even would want to go. The only reason DH ever goes away for that long is for work. HE just doesnt want to be away from us that long.

mama_l
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Easy solution ~ Have another bachelor party in Baltimore & visit 'the block'.  We literally just did the same thing.  DH's buddy went to Vegas for his official bachelor party but they did their thing again the night before the wedding in Baltimore for those that could not go to Vegas.  No man will ever turn down 2 bachelor parties and if your DH mentions it now I bet a few may drop out of Vegas and stick with the cheaper one close to home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)