Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM
  • 2 Replies

Okay so right now I work full time and I HATE it.  I work from 8am to 5pm with an hour commute to work and an hour commute back from work.  I feel like I dont have enough time with my family with just two days off.  I mean I wake up at 6:30 and we are out the door for 7.  Then I pick my son up at 5:30 and we are home for 6.  I feed him, bathe him, and put him to bed for 8pm.  And we are ttc and I really dont want to work full time when the baby is only 3 months.

So there is a position open at my job that is 7pm to 7am, 7 days on 7 days off.  My thinking is that on the days that I work. my fiancee brings tyler to daycare in the am then I come home, sleep until 1:30pm then pick him up for 2.  I get to spend from 2pm to 6:30 pm with him, which means I can still feed him dinner and give him a bath everynight.  Also my son goes to his dad's house every other weekend and on wednesday nights so he wouldnt even be home for 4 of the nights that I am working (because I would only work every other week, you follow me?)  And then my fiancee puts him to bed.  Then with the baby he will bring the baby to his mom's house from 7am until I pick the baby up at 2.  This way I would have 7 whole entire days off to spend with my family.

But as great as it sounds, it still kind of bugs me.  I feel funny about not being there for my  baby in the middle of the night even though he will be my finacee's child too and my fiancee will be here with him.  And if I work full time I will only get to really spend 2 measly days off with him.

What do you think/

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
abs0726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Bump?

ranchers_wife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I worked late afternoons till the middle of the night, other than the hard hours and getting up with the kids, everything was great.

Personally the 7 on 7 off would be great, and your only going to be missing the hours that they are sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)