Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fear

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

So ladies, what is your biggest fear? What are you scared of or freaked out about?

*I'm sacred of death. Always have been. I think its the fact of not knowing how painful it is going to be and what would happen to me then. Also, the dark. It's just creapyyyy.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaoftwins9197
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Me too.  I have to be very careful because it is very easy for me to get consumed by my fear of death.  I'm not really worried about the pain aspect, because I don't really tend to think of myself dying painfully, just old.  I'm a Christian and I struggle daily to have faith, but I am worried about the other side.  Going "to sleep" until Judgement day or dancing in heaven or just nothing for eternity.  That's the stuff that gets me!  And I'm afraid of the dark also...kinda of light in comparison.  Oh, and I'm afraid of spiders, snakes, and dogs.

Group Owner-NarAnon Moms-www.cafemom.com/group/28555-families of drug addicts

Group Owner-TMI Questions-www.cafemom.com/group/91045-embarassing Q & A

Group Owner-DRADA, Depression and Related Affective Disorders-www.cafemom.com/group/52557

Group Owner-Cheap and Easy KID FRIENDLY recipes-www.cafemom.com/group/88827

MomTo2BabesTX
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I fear death... just because I've never known anyone to come back and tell you how it was..and if there really is a Heaven and a Hell. Something I deal with religiously, and not. I know all about having faith, but it's hard to sometimes.

Also losing one of my kids... just because they are suppose to bury me.. not me bury them.

CrazyMom5480
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I'm afraid of lightning and escalators.  People think that's crazy, but at least I have reasons for it.

Lightning - When I was 13 my house was struck by lightning, and I lost everything.

Escalators - When I was younger I got my shoe caught in one.  Thank God it didn't get my foot, but I did lose the shoe and sock.  On the bright side I got a free pair of shoes from the experience.  (It happened in a JCPenney.)

I have had to go to the ER due to hyperventalating during thunderstorms, I'm so afraid of lightning.  There's no where I can go to be safe from it, so it doesn't bother me any more to be out in it than "safe" inside a building.  I absolutely will not use escalators.

domanique1387
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Needles. No joke, everytime I need a shot or even when I had my iv during labor, I was in tears.

ALL YOU NEED IS

PlayingKoi
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I fear water, heights and needles.

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

birds.  i've been attacked by everything from an ostrich to a pigeon.  its the claws and the beaks and the fact they can come at ya from ANY angle!  UGH, gross and scary!

I'm 23 & a mom to 1 crazy little monkey, Taylor Wrigley (go cubs go!). I haven't taken the easy road but I have taken a very blessed and fun one!  I'm also a full time working mom (i RAISE my son too btw, gasp!) as an interior designer. I live in Oklahoma (BOOMER!) out in the boonies. I love going to the playground, meeting new people, traveling everywhere, a nice ice cold beer, showing our son the world & having fun! My SO is that guy that has never met a stranger, works with his hands everyday, lives in flip flops, jeans, hat and a white tee. He is a wonderful SO and an even better father...and we just got ENGAGED! I love my life!

fawn321
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I hate going over bridges with a large water mass under it. 

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I am scared to death of water, meaning lakes, rivers, oceans...  Anything over 4 ft deep...  Mainly because I almost drowned when I was 10 yrs old...  My husband is in the Coast Guard and inour last duty station he would go away for a month, where we didnt have any news of him (he even was admitted to a hospital and I didnt find out until he was concious and called me, can you belive his POS captain didnt feel like calling his wife to let her know her husband was in a hospital and might need someone to travel 3 hours to pick him up?)...  Even now in the lake I sometimes get freaked out because even in the frozen lake they have to keep an eye for fishermen and when he told me they had to go in the freezing water to train just to be ready for a situation like that freaked me out...  I'm scared of losing him to death u know...

Also I am afraid of losing my children, that is something I dont even like to think about...

AngelRT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I am a woman with lots of phobias!

snakes, heights, little bugs and creatures, dark places, the OCEAN!, storms!

That is just a few!

valkins
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Up into the time my son was born nothing really accept rats I hate those damn things they are just disgusting period! But now I am afraid of leaving my young son before he becomes a man. I have never fear death because there are a lot of my great family members who have past and I know I would be with them again. I just would want to go without any harm i.e. murdered, in a tragic accident, or just even a bad fall or hit my someones car and left alone on the road to die. But nothing else really frightens me, maybe annoy me, but not frighten me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)