Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We were just rear-ended

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

We (my two daughters and my sister) were on our way to church when we got rear-ended by a teen driver. The impact was hard enough to shatter our back window and push us into the car in front of us. Thank God I had my foot on the breaks! The car in front of us didn't even scratch! But our car was destoryed in the back and the teen boy's car had the air bags deployed. Initially I wasn't scared at all until I realized my little toddler daughters were in the BACK!  I immediately screamed thinking/fearing they were hurt. It is their first time to be in a car accident. But they were completely unharmed, not so much as a scratch from the glass. Thank you God so much! We are all okay but I am so shaken up. I could never imagine if something had happened to my little girls.

So their insurance is going to cover everything and his mother apologized. He apologized. I asked if they were okay. No one got hurt. There were officers directing traffic right in front of us (for the church) and they handled everything. So thank you to those officers as well. But there is no greater fear than worrying about your children in an accident.

I'm a God fearing Catholic, yoga doing, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, organic eating, wieght losing, pro-breast feeding, pro-life, pro-public-schooling, vaccinating, TTC #3, young wife and SAHM to Evalynn and Ashley, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 3 dogs !

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCSellsAvon
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Thank god you and your family were not hurt. He is a powerful one!
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I'm glad everyone is okay! 

J.J.74
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

It's good to hear your O.K. Just check with the insurance company if your girls were in car seats. I was rear ended and my son was 2yrs old. They paid for me to get a new one since it was in a accident. I guess it is the law here.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Glad you are ok.  Accidents are so scary.  I had a 200 lb deer run in front of me in the dark, I didn't see.  $9000 of damage to a $15,000 car. 

Sounds like that teen was following way too close and or driving too fast. 

fawn321
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Glad everyone is ok... and I completely agree with the poster about the car seats.  Once a car seat is in any type of impact collision, they are considered useless.  The insurance company should replace those as well.

LavenderMom23
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I'm really glad you said something cause I was thinking I'd have to cover the costs of the carseats. Thank you.

Quoting J.J.74:

It's good to hear your O.K. Just check with the insurance company if your girls were in car seats. I was rear ended and my son was 2yrs old. They paid for me to get a new one since it was in a accident. I guess it is the law here.

LavenderMom23
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

While I was calming down...I heard the teen guy tell his passanger that he hit the gas instead of the breaks. He (and his family) is a member of my church.

Quoting atlmom2:

Glad you are ok.  Accidents are so scary.  I had a 200 lb deer run in front of me in the dark, I didn't see.  $9000 of damage to a $15,000 car. 

athenax3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I'm really glad you said something cause I was thinking I'd have to cover the costs of the carseats. Thank you.

Quoting J.J.74:

They MUST cover the cost of new carseats, once they have been any kind of accident they must be replaced. Often you can take the old ones to your local firestation and they will recertify them and donate them to mothers who can't afford seats if they are still safe.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I have 2 teens so I can sympathize with the teen and their parents too.  I hope my girls don't have any fender benders until they are older at least.  Its so scary when you send your kids out driving!!! 

Yep, you do have to get new car seats. 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

While I was calming down...I heard the teen guy tell his passanger that he hit the gas instead of the breaks. He (and his family) is a member of my church.

Quoting atlmom2:

J.J.74
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM

That's how mine was the girl hit the gas at the red light instead of the brakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)