• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice about my son

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is almost 13m old.  Lately he has been smacking himself in the face for no reason. he will just stand up and start smacking himself.  I asked my brother (he and his wife both teach special needs kids) and they said its just him thinking it silly but to keep an eye on it.

my question is does anyone elses kids do this (or did they do this when they were babies)?

Proud mommy to Corbin Sage (1-3-08)
I am a circ-ing, early front facing, sposie diapering, formula feeding, selectivly vaxing, pitbull owning, sign language using, Wal*Mart shopping, drinking, opinionated, tattooed, Hard of Hearing, pierced, anti-child leash-using loving wife and mommy. Dont like me? Too bad. love you sign

--->Educated moms choose to circumcise!!!!<---

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Autumn22
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Nope.

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

J.J.74
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Yup my oldest use to do all the time. He would whack the crap out of his self. Just slapping his cheeks back and forth. He grew out of it. I guess he thought it was funny??? Go figure he is fine thou!!

emily351982
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

When does he do it?  My son does things like that for attention when he is angry because he's not getting his way. 

cdnmom24
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

My daughter is 15 months old and she does it. She will be playing and then out of no where she will smack herself. I think they are just being silly and want to shock mom or dad.

bend_not_break
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Quoting emily351982:

When does he do it?  My son does things like that for attention when he is angry because he's not getting his way. 

just out of nowhere.  he'll be crawling/walking and just start smacking himself

Proud mommy to Corbin Sage (1-3-08)
I am a circ-ing, early front facing, sposie diapering, formula feeding, selectivly vaxing, pitbull owning, sign language using, Wal*Mart shopping, drinking, opinionated, tattooed, Hard of Hearing, pierced, anti-child leash-using loving wife and mommy. Dont like me? Too bad. love you sign

--->Educated moms choose to circumcise!!!!<---

nickiturner04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM

my ds does it and has been since he was about 15 months old... he's 19 months now. he thinks it's funny b/c he will laugh as soon as we get onto him. but we haven't been able to break him from it so far.

*Tyler's Mom*

laurenday5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM

My son is not special needs and he is 2. He does this because he wants a reaction out of me and thinks it's funny. My daughter, who will be 4 soon, sometimes does this for the same reason. It's also a test of sensation - don't get too worried about it. Kids do silly things.

Now if he were rubbing your feet on his face, that's a different story. That means that he likes the stimulation and my nephew, who is 3 and has autism, does this.

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM

i think tristan used to do it. He also hit his head against the wall or the couch all the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)