Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you care what I do?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM
  • 66 Replies

All these posts got me thinking.

Why do any of you care how anyone else here runs their lives and families.  Yes, we all do things others don't agree with.  I circumcise my boys on the 8th day by a Rabbi (one even w/o meds!).  I have had hospital and home births (3 in the hospital, 2 home births - one assisted with a midwife, one not).  DH and I church our family at home.  We believe in fundamentalist Mormon teachings.  We no longer vaccinate our kids (stopped part way into 3rd childs shots).  We are striving to live on a farm, off-grid.  I want to start living off the land.  

What do you care?  Why does it bother you so much?  It's my family.  I don't go and attack you for not circumcising, hospital birthing, vaccinating, public school sending, city living, and believing in your religion. 

Isn't all that matters is that we love our families and do what we feel is right?  Don't knock another family for following their beliefs.  Let's all be grown women and remember that nobody likes another person to tell them how to run their family.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Because some people need to validate their own choices and the only way they feel to that is to knock what other people do/think/feel.

BttrMom0407
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I care about circ'ing because it's not medically necessary and people think otherwise.....information has to be spread somehow. I think it's sad that perfect babies have to go through something like this because the ignorance of parents and their Drs.

LyTe684
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I personally don't care. LOL More power to ya. I personally think that people that obsess over the penis of a little boy, THAT THEY DIDN'T GIVE BIRTH TO.. is just as bad and creepy as any sexual predator out there... Be Pro or Anti whatever.. but stop thinking about the private parts of some little kid.. Grosses me out. LOL

Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quoting IhartU:

Because some people need to validate their own choices and the only way they feel to that is to knock what other people do/think/feel.

YUP

Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

there not yor kids.

Quoting BttrMom0407:

I care about circ'ing because it's not medically necessary and people think otherwise.....information has to be spread somehow. I think it's sad that perfect babies have to go through something like this because the ignorance of parents and their Drs.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I totally agree.  Who cares who is circ'ed or not?  Geez, why arguing.  Who cares if its not necessary and many people do it.  Who cares. 

BttrMom0407
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Quoting LyTe684:

I personally don't care. LOL More power to ya. I personally think that people that obsess over the penis of a little boy, THAT THEY DIDN'T GIVE BIRTH TO.. is just as bad and creepy as any sexual predator out there... Be Pro or Anti whatever.. but stop thinking about the private parts of some little kid.. Grosses me out. LOL

Like I said....it's the same way a mother obsesses over her sons penis so much that she circs him to fit her sexual preference.......now that's disturbing!

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quoting IhartU:

I think you're absolutely right.  See, maybe my problem is that I've been on both sides of the fence on most of my beliefs.  I have had hospital births, an assisted home birth, and an unassisted home birth.  I have vaccinated, partially vaccinated, and non-vaccinated children.  I have both of my boys circumcised, but the decision was made after months of prayer and scripture/medical studies.  I have been Catholic, non-denominational, LDS, and fundamentalist Mormon.  We registered our oldest in Kindergarten, then last minute decided to homeschool (best decission I can think of for our family).  I can see both sides of a lot of arguments.  Most are too closed minded to see.

heatherann0221
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

yup, wish people would just shut up and stop worrying about my little boys' penises. If I'm not worried, then you sure as hell shouldn't be. The only time I worry about them is when I have to clean them. LOL

Proud to be a: 22 year old, married, movie quoting, Thomas watching, carseat loving, Twilight obsessed, happy mommy to Noah Michael (2/21/06) and Kyle James (7/21/08)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

That is rude to say parents are ignorant. 

Quoting Callie-bishop:

there not yor kids.

Quoting BttrMom0407:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)