• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH is so annoying right now!!! **obvious vent**

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

My Grandpa whom I was very close to passed away on his 86th birthday last month. He was the one and only person who has always been there for me. So needless to say even though I know it was his time to go I am still very sad. Well, today has been extremely hard for me for some reason. It seems like everything reminds me of him and I have been crying off and on all day. My DH knows that I am very upset today. And instead of being patient and understanding he has been a real pain in the butt.

When he came in from outside he tried to sneak up behind me and put his extremely cold hands on my neck just so I could feel how cold they were. I'm sure that he was just trying to be playful, but I'm not in the mood. I thought it was obvious, but apparently not.

Then I'm sitting at the dining room table when our two dogs start play fighting right by me feet. One of them accidentally bit my toe. I scooted my feet back and told the dogs to go play somewhere else and he looks under the table and says "they couldn't have bit your toe, they must have just scratched you b/c your toes aren't even close to either of their mouthes." Are you kidding me? Why after I have had a bad day is he going to try to start an argument w/me about something so stupid? I told him that I knew that the dog bit and that I wasn't going to argue about it. He said "God, you're being a bitch" and then proceeded downstairs where he has been pouting for the last 30 minutes.

I'm so aggravated right now.  All I want is for him to be my shoulder to cry on. If that's to much I would even take him just leaving me alone when I'm upset, but instead he's just annoying.

I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amm615
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Really, no responses?

Autumn22
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Then maybe you should go cry on it instead of being irritated with him.

{+} Life, Guns, Constitution, Organics, Breast feeding, Baby wearing, Bed sharing, Home schooling, Ron Paul, Homeopathy, Truth

{-} Vaccines (ask me why), CIO, Formula, Fluoride, New World Order, Smoking, Circumcision (it's HIS choice!)

amm615
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

It would be a little easier to do if he weren't so irritating.

Quoting Autumn22:

Then maybe you should go cry on it instead of being irritated with him.

emily351982
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I think maybe he just doesn't know how to help you and that's why he's acting like that or maybe he's kind of trying to avoid reality.  Some people try to avoid the subject of death at all costs.  Hope you feel better.  I know it's not easy to lose someone you are close too.  My grandfather died when he was 86 yrs old too and it was a really difficult time for me.  Maybe you need to tell your husband you just need his support and ask him to stop acting like that.

Vivacious
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

i would go sit by him and look him in the eyes and tell him i need you to make me feel wanted and not so alone,  and i'm hurting today please give me extra hug's and smiles thats all i need, cause i'm Lost right now.   That should do it,  your dh needs to understand some days women want attention not to be belittled or teased or annoyed. unfortunately some guys don't understand or know how to deal with their wives when their sad, so thats why he acting out he's actually lost himself.  I'd take a drive and turn the music up high just to escape and cry by myself thats what i do when i can't seem to shake the loss of my moma. He's your best friend and your hubby. Best of luck sweetie, here's some Hug's for you !!!

hugs

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I agree with you 100%.  My dh was annoying today, BUT, I just had to wait it out and he is gone now for 12 days on a business trip.  I am SO HAPPY. 

valkins
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM

It's really obvious that you are upset and with good cause. Sometimes you have to realize that men don't always grieve in the same manner that we do, and maybe he is trying to be supportive but in his own way, and putting his cold hands on you was his way of lightening up the mood that is definitely in your household right now, once you have had a chance to cool off just go and have a talk with him, and let him know how you are hurting right now, and what you would consider helpful on his end. As an human being we can't always read each other minds and he just doesn't have a clue right now on how to help you. Has he ever dealt with a death of a close family member? I hope you feel better soon, and I am sure your dh is trying to help the best way he know how. Good luck and god bless.

amm615
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Thanks ladies! You guys have made feel better. It's just so hard, he never seems to do the right thing when I'm upset and it just makes it that much worse. I'm not very close to my family (just my Grandpa that passed away) so my DH is really the only one I have when I'm upset and I would really appreciate it if he were a little more understanding.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM

If he's down there pouting he's probably hurt.

He wants attention, but knows that you need it and when you snap at him it probably hurts his feelings. I know you need your big strong man to hold you and make you feel better, but he's only human and you make it hard for him to be there for you when you snap at him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)