Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAHA I'LL GET EM WITH MY BRAIN.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

So just before Christmas my boss offered me a management position and I greatfully accepted. He had to talk it over with the district manager and I got the final confirmation on Friday and I start training this week....woohooo!

So, anyway, my boss sat me down on Friday and was like "I hope you're ready for this, because you know A AND b (2 other managers) are going to be talking". I knew this the minute I accepted the position. Them 2 girls are going to talk so much about me behind my back and be sweet as pie to my face. I know it and my boss knows it. Here is why. I have worked for Taco Bell since I was 16, I am 23 now. I left 3 different times to persue different things. I have now only been back since July. My boss says they are intimidated by me because the employees already listen to me and I am NOT even in charge yet. He said tie that in with my management degree and that scares them. But he and I both know that I am above the childish drama and like he said, if they continue they can find a new job.

I am not out to take anyones job and Taco Bell is like highschool. Full of backstabbers and you can't trust anyone. My boss is going to train me himslef. which he NEVER does. The other managers usually do it. So like my boss said, when they start their drama he wants me to show them up by using my brain rather than words, which is fine by me. Between you and me, they should NOT be managers anywayk, but that is my opinion. Another story for another day. But again I am NOT out to steal their jobs. I'm there to make mine! TB is a great company to work for, really!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kbates1208
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM

OH yeah, its always more fun to make someone feel stupid just by saying or doing something smart. :) That saying kill them with kindness actually works!

CrazyMom5480
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I want a bean burrito now.

Congratulations on the promotion!  Show them how to do it right.

princessnyprnc1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM

HEHE I am a sucker for quesadillas!!!!!! And thank you!

Quoting CrazyMom5480:

I want a bean burrito now.

Congratulations on the promotion!  Show them how to do it right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)