Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If abortions were outlawed...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 229 Replies

Would you complain about how many more young families would end up on welfare because of it?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Replies (1-10):
3earthangels
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Nope. Can't have it both ways.

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

Susanjdv861
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM

no and i think if abortion were outlawed people would protect themselves a lot better to prevent getting pregnant in the first place.

krazymom2k03
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Nope not  at all. I would be just fine with my tax dollars feeding the hungry and notkilling babies !!! jmo

My children are  fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

j_c_c_s_l
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Quoting krazymom2k03:

Nope not  at all. I would be just fine with my tax dollars feeding the hungry and notkilling babies !!! jmo

good answer

zacnmariesmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I think they would still complain,lol

samthecat001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM

AND would people complain about all the costs to care for the women who get so ill from back alley abortions?  or what about the dead newborns in trashcans?  or what about all the existing children that will be motherless because mom died trying to terminate a pregnancy?  what about the cost of caring for sick babies born to women/girls who hide their pregnancy and dont get prenatal care so they give birth to a sick baby in a bathroom and dump it somewhere?  what about all the cost to hunt down and prosecute the people who perform illegal abortions?  what about the prosecution of the women who seek out illegal abortions... the cost to prosecute them...and then to care for the children she leaves in need when she is hauled off to jail????

just more food for thought.

Chuck Norris can strangle you with a cordless phone

KellyChristal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I disagree..I think they would just be getting more back alley abortions instead....

Quoting Susanjdv861:

no and i think if abortion were outlawed people would protect themselves a lot better to prevent getting pregnant in the first place.

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

dhhaj
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Quoting zacnmariesmom:

I think they would still complain,lol

I know, shit won't hit the fan until probably the third page, the first page is always positive comments.:0)

KellyChristal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM

However, I too think that Americans...mainly the wealthy ones need to concentrate more on the homeless and starving kids in America, instead of focusing on other countries so much.  I too would rather my tax dollars going to feed the hungry then to bailing out CEO's for example.

simplisity
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM

just because they are outlawed does not mean people will stop getting abortions if they really want them, did people stop drinking because alochol was bannned? Nope. So why if they really cant afford a child or really want to get the abortion just because its outlawed itl stop them, I think not they will figure out a way to lose the baby if they really want to.

Animated Fly

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)