Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising PA benefits.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM
  • 35 Replies

Now that the administration has changed we can start looking forward to a raise in PA benefits to welfare recipients, how do you feel about that?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Sorry, but I do not like my taxes raised for more to go on welfare. 

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Either way, no matter the amount or distribution, you still have to pay taxes.  I'd rather more money go to PA than the war.

~Jill~

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Yep,me too!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Either way, no matter the amount or distribution, you still have to pay taxes.  I'd rather more money go to PA than the war.

tish0607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM

There are a lot of families who are suffering out there. I am happy that the new Adminstration is taking this step to assist families who are struggling.

lilyrose73
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM
[quote name="atlmom2" id="47253127"]

[/quote Ditto
Momsince1106
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM

i think it depends on what they do. They need to raise the limit on how much you can make while still being on PA, that hasn't changed since like the 70s

jillbailey26

Do you mean more people or more money? 

Quoting atlmom2:

~Jill~

Mom2theboy1994

I've not heard that he plans on raising public aid monies received...hmmm...

I personal would rather they give public aid recipients the ability to gain the skills they need to get off public aid, instead of being a permanent crutch. Giving more money just solidifies that crutch.

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I work for DJFS and you are making absolutely ridiculous accusations. If you knew anything and anything you would know that taxes are not being raised to GIVE people money. People on PA have to WORK or go to SCHOOL. It's called WEP Work Experiance Program. And right now we have more people coming in for funding for school than people coming in to get a check. Check your facts, because you are just being ridiculous.

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

Tajcc
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I think its bullshit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)