• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for advice or a group rec - grocery shopping, saving money, and a shaving my legs :-)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, DH and I have decided we need to cut our spending, and we aren't generally big spenders anyway.

We're hoping to shave a little off our grocery budget, but because of my health we HAVE to keep our diet low sodium - which limits the sorts of things we can change for savings.

But.  I realized my razor blades are really expensive :-)  Anyone want to recommend one of the less expensive or maybe disposable razors?  I've been using the Intuition and the blades are like $3 each!!!

Any other great ideas for money savings, or a group that focuses on this without a bunch of surveys and other money-making schemes (which always seem to be a waste of time to me - but I also have a part-time job at home, so maybe that's why!)?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momsince1106
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM

i think my razor is a men's disposable....

it's like the Matrix 3 or something like that, and the blades can be the store brand (at least around here) so the original pack of the handle and 2 or 3 blades was like $5

the Intuition works pretty well, but I wouldn't spend that much on the refills. i got the original one I had free when i started college

wells75904
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Check out my group Frugal and Thrifty Moms

About Frugal & Thrifty Moms - Cooking, Cleaning, Budgeting, Menu Plan & Couponing

This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
Whether it's how to make-your-own household cleaners, or cutting coupons and stretching the grocery budget, or saving money on your utility bill, bring it to the Table and let's help each other make the most of what we have!

You can always find this group with the following URL:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

EDIT-- One of the main rules of the group is NO SPAM,NO ADS, NONE OF THAT WAH JUNK!

I am a PROUD Vaccinating, Circumcising, Spanking, CIO,  FORWARD Facing before 12mo, republican voting, disposable diapering, buying junk food with my food stamps, Public school sending, PRO LIFE under ALL circumstances (abortion is murder), anti-gay marriage, Israel Supporting, Church going, Christian SAHM mom who knows the bible is literal truth from cover to cover.  I don't tip unless you EARN it, you don't get a tip just because you don't make that much money so learn to wait on me good or find another job with a guaranteed income, I think the war in Iraq was justified and we should finish , not pull troops out, I dont like Obama but I am patriotic enough to respect his office, None of this makes me a bad mama any more than your decisions make you one.

mindye5
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

You should try typing in your comp. coupons. I know that alot of web sights will send you coupon for free that could help a pocket book.

Philosowife
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Thanks everyone!

fdhfdh123
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Do you do rebates?  Sometimes Rite Aid or Walgreens has shavers on sale and a rebate.  You can also make some extra money on Cashcrate. I've doing Cashcrate since last November. Hope this helps you.  Freida

Get Paid To Do Free Offers!

nikki0522
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I just applied :)

Quoting wells75904:

Check out my group Frugal and Thrifty Moms

About Frugal & Thrifty Moms - Cooking, Cleaning, Budgeting, Menu Plan & Couponing

This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
Whether it's how to make-your-own household cleaners, or cutting coupons and stretching the grocery budget, or saving money on your utility bill, bring it to the Table and let's help each other make the most of what we have!

You can always find this group with the following URL:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

EDIT-- One of the main rules of the group is NO SPAM,NO ADS, NONE OF THAT WAH JUNK!

jigsaw ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)