Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Bedding

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

When (if at all) did you buy toddler bedding? I was TTC for a while and my mom found a cheap, but very cute, crib bedding set. That was years before I even got pregnant. Now my daughter is 14 months and we are trying to figure out when to put her into a toddler bed (which we have) and if we should buy new bedding? I'm not a big fan of the blanket that came with the set, but I like the rest. She is also already into a few characters. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. I am always trying to plan ahead.

thluvprincess.gifaunt.gifbsm_lovemylilgirl_pink.gifdaughter_2.jpgMOMBLINK.GIF

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Jayson is 13 month old. I'll probably switch him this summer. I think a bigger blanket would suffice, but keep the rest of it. She'll need a bigger blanket on a bed

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

Laura4807
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

What charectors is she into?? "They" make toddler bed sets... my 21 month old has a disney princess set... i've seen several toddler bed sets.

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

ajswenson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

You'll need atleast 2 sets of bedding....so keep it and get another!!!

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I bought toddler bedding at Wal Mart when my DD was 18 months old. It came with a comforter, sheets, mattress sheet, and pillow case. It was only $34. A year later it's still being used. "princess theme"

Kairi snowgirl

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:45 PM

my MIL bought my son's bedding

lilblufrog
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that, lol;)

Quoting ajswenson:

You'll need atleast 2 sets of bedding....so keep it and get another!!!

KellyChristal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I got my son a toddler comforter from pottery barn kids and bought him a duvet cover for it from the store.  They are actually getting rid of their toddler duvets so if you go into the store ask for them.  They also sale on their website basic pillows, toddler pillows and cases for each.. I got my son a toddler pillow a regular pillow, a case for each and a top sheet...he uses a blanket and the duvet comforter....it is so cute.

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

Laura4807
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM

That's where we got our daughters set.... the "flat sheet" is fitted on the end so it doesnt get ripped up during nightly thrashing around... lol

Quoting KairisMama:

I bought toddler bedding at Wal Mart when my DD was 18 months old. It came with a comforter, sheets, mattress sheet, and pillow case. It was only $34. A year later it's still being used. "princess theme"

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

ethans_mommy69
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM

My son is 22 months old and I have had him in a toddler bed sine he was 13 months old. He uses a twin size comforter for his bed and a baby bed sheet from his old baby bed. He likes it like that alot, and it helped him be more comfy with the whole chance of beds.

MrsGurt
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM

We never used the crib bedding when upgrading. My oldest son went straight from a crib to a twin bed at 17 months. My youngest went from a crib to a toddler bed at around 27 months, and we purchased new bedding to go with the bed (he got a Fisher Price blue race car bed, and his crib set had been a ships/lighthouses design from Babies R Us that had matched his original nursery decor).

~PJ~

I'm a vegan, Reiki practicing, yoga doing, English majoring, crystal healing, recycling, upcycling, home-schooling, volunteering, animal welfare advocating, Navy chief's wife and SAHM to JR (9/3/03) and Maverick (11/17/05), and "mom" to 12 indoor only cats, 4 dogs, 2 leopard geckos, 2 tortoises, 2 chinchillas, 2 cockatiels and a fish, and foster mom to the occasional litter of kittens, dog, or even orphaned raccoon! Spay and neuter your pets! Be blessed...but more importantly, be a blessing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)