Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any one know where to get your computer fixed cheap piog

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am having problems with my computer and I need to get it fixed. I get kicked off the net and windows pop up and the big one is my niece shoved a disc in upside down and at an angle in my cd rom and now it will not work. Any one know a cheap and good place to take your computer. Anyone use best buy?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM

idk where you live but there is geek squad, best buy, fry's electronics, incredible universe (idk if that one exists anymore) I have the same issue sorta, my son jammed a disk in my desk top along w something else? we have no idea, hubby tried to get it out and busted the processor chip. So it'a been broken for about a yr.  we are gonna get it fixed when I get my tax refund next week. i have no clue where we will go to have that done.

ashleysparks82
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM

When my computer crashed at the first of the month I called Geek Squad and they were outrageously priced! It was $199 if you wanted to take it in yourself and $299 if they came to pick it up. I called around to local businesses and got it fixed and a backup CD for $95. I would suggest calling around if you have any computer places locally.

momtoathena
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Do not go to geek squad at all they suck, will end up with more problems, fopr your stuck cd,  If you look at your cd drive you should see a little whole, if you use a paper clip and stick it in that little whole it should open your cd-rom drive for you as for the pop ups what exactly is it sayiong or doing.  I may be able to walk you through it.  also where are you located if in ohio area depending on where u are at I may be able to refer you to someone.

cawmom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM

unfortunately I can't really help you with were to get it fixed.  Either myself or dh fix our computers all the time.  

I might be able to walk you through it.  What kind of pop ups are you getting?

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:00 PM

i would look for a small business that repairs computers

best buy is over-priced from what ive seen

where u located?

TwinMommy2BE86
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM

same here except i cant fix it . My hubby is a network engineer and fixes networks for big companies over the phone . But he says dont do geek squad either what ever you do!!

Quoting cawmom:

unfortunately I can't really help you with were to get it fixed. Either myself or dh fix our computers all the time.

I might be able to walk you through it. What kind of pop ups are you getting?

ForeverInLove
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I'd say call around to your PC shops.

I just fix our computer.

May I ask though, when he say you are getting kicked off the net and you keep getting pop-ups, what are the pop ups and when \you get kicked off the net, do you get a message?

Also, do you have an updated anti-virus on your computer?

Quoting cawmom:

unfortunately I can't really help you with were to get it fixed.  Either myself or dh fix our computers all the time.  

I might be able to walk you through it.  What kind of pop ups are you getting?

strawgirl
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I do have an antivirus sometimes I am on here typing and the windows will just shut down.   the pop ups are saying error this or that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)