Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you and hubs/SO go out?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

OK, today I'm totally depressed about something, and I'm wondering if it's just me:  My SO doesn't give a flying crap about going ANYWHERE with me.  We maybe go somewhere (either together or with our 2 kids) once a month.  I go grocery shopping with our son, and he runs all of his errands alone.  (I'm a SAHM so the only place I really go anymore is the darn grocery store!)  He'd rather sit vacantly in front of the TV every night than go anywhere.  Dates are a mystical concept I've pretty much given up on unless we're meeting some of his friends or family out, and that's even rare.  So, am I the only one?  Is it a guy thing or is my guy different? 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Teeshann
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

go out? what's that? we kinda live in the middle of nowhere so we don't really have anywhere to go unless we want to travel. but we are home bodies.

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM

im a SAHM and i dont drive, so im dying to get out of the house more..... especially during the winter when its too cold to go out with the little guy.

My husband works, and wants to stay home at night if he can. He's been getting better though about getting us out of the house.

perfectmom20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM

=[ im sorry! No my hubby likes us to go out every chance we get lol But really we only go out once a month b/c my mom watches our kiddos and I dont want to overwhelm her by taking the kids to her alot lol 

10.jpg picture by issak2007

shoegirl01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM

We go out about once every two to three months.  Honestly, I'm a home body and its cold out side, so I don't really mind.  I take my son with me to the store, adn I work full time, so I can't imagine what you feel like being stressed and stuck at home ALL day EVERY day!  WHere are you located?  I have a great sitter in Portland I can refer you to.  If I where you I'd hire someone once a week so you can get out once an a while. 

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

manomom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM

NEVER!!!  We can't afford a sitter, even if we had someone we could trust, and I don't want to take advantage of asking family to watch the kids. I desperately want a date night with my hubby but getting a sitter for 4 kids is pretty much impossible for us:( 

Elyce225
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM

We dont go out alone a lot because we are crazy about leaving our babies alone with anyone. I mean we go out on a date every three months just to the movies but we do everything else together all the time. Even if we have to run to target he always asks me to go, then we'll end up going out to dinner. We eat out like 3-4 nights a week.

barfydoogin
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

We do not go out either.  We live in a small town and there is nothing really to do, plus we have no one to watch the kids.

MamaSyn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

His family constantly offers to take the kids for us.  It more just seems like he doesn't even think about it.  Like home is his natural habitat, so why bother going anywhere else?  But, being a Leo, I'm kind of vain and hate not having a reason to do my hair or get dressed.  I sit around in pajamas all the time anymore, and maybe shower 3 times a week.  Just don't care anymore... why bother? 

rocamom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM
We go to the grocery store but we basically stay home. I take the kids to playdates during the day as I am also a SAHM. It's to much money for us to go out. We do try to go out once in a while for special occasions but as I said we can't afford it. We do go to the mall and wonder around as a family on weekends sometimes or my hubby will take my son places. We do go sledding now that it's winter but for the most part we are home. We don't do date nights either unless it's special because again it's pricey to eat out and to pay someone to watch your kids isn't cheap either. $10 an hour some are 10 and hour per kid and I have 2 so that's not happening.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

momof525
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM
It's been like 2 yrs..almost to the day. We went out for my b-day to see Lord of the Rings 'Return of the King' (so however long that was) We just can't find anyone who wants to watch 5 kids ..thats affordable anyway!..we got to 'be alone' together in Sept. 07 when my DD was born- LOL, does that count?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)