Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to tell

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just started a new job about a 7 weeks ago after being a SAHM for 2 years it is just a job as a hostess, and I just found out I was 8 weeks pregnant when should I tell my job? Getting pregnant was not the plan right now since I just lost my baby girl in Sept I had a placental abruption I was 31 weeks so we were going to wait awhile.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kristjansmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I got a new job when I was already pregnant with my son....I didn't tell em til months later.  You can wait as long as you want.

jabs54
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your baby :(   I would wait until you can't hide it (4 - 5 months)  I hope everything works out this time!

MonicasMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

agreed!

Quoting jabs54:

I am so sorry to hear about your baby :(   I would wait until you can't hide it (4 - 5 months)  I hope everything works out this time!

gigibo7
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Thanks. I was thinking the samething. The only thing I am worried about is that I do work in a restaurant and I am worried that the smells of the food are going to make me sick.

Kristine1812
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I agree with everyone else, I would wait. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I would wait a while.  I took a job in mid February one time and found out I was pregnant in mid August.  I told them right away because 3 of us got pregnant within weeks of each other.  I had been there 6 months so it wasn't that bad and I went back to work after having the baby. 

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I got pregnant about 3 months after starting a new job.  I pretty much told them right away because I had some severe bleeding in the beginning and had to go on bed rest for a week.  If that had not happened, I probably would've waited until I was at least out of the 1st trimester.  I'm so sorry for your loss, by the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)