Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monster Trucks?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

Jaxon ofcourse loves cars, trucks, cars that crash and all that good ol boy stuff! This summer we went to truck pull and he loved it and when I tried to cover his ears he would get mad! Anyways to the point! I noticed on His Birthday there is a Monster Truck Jam about 1 1/2 hours from home. You can get there 90 mins early and go down into the pits and even get a ride! I thought maybe it would be something cool to do on his bday but am unsure of how it would go and would hate to waste all that money to have a melt down. Have you ever taken your ds to something like this? Or know someone who took a 2 yr old?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Never went to a Monster Truck event, but they have been in the news a lot I see.  Not good things either.

AnnF
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:53 PM

We have been going for several years now. It's fun. Monster Trucks, Motocross, RC racers, lots of fun stuff. The Pit pass at our Monster Jam means the parking lot. All the Trucks are out there and several of the drivers are there for pictures and autographs. There are tons of vendors giving out stickers, DVDs etc.

Check the times to see how much time in between The Pit and the actual Monster Jam. We had about 2 hours to kill before showtime so we tailgated in the parking lot.

alb91287
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM

We went this summer, and took our 3 year old girl, and our 18month old boy, we left our daughter(7mos) at home bc of the noise.  My son absoulty loved it, and sat through the whole thing (it was a couple hours long).  It was very loud, but he didn't seem to mind that, he was very interested in it.  On the other hand, our little girl was bored to death!  she's a girly girl, and she kept asking "why are we even here?" But we really enjoyed it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Someone just got killed here last weekend.  He worked the event and walked right in front of a truck.  Totally his fault from what I saw.  They showed him walking in front of the truck and then stopped the video.  Awful no matter what and really terrible for every witness in the place. 

AnnF
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Someone just got killed here last weekend.  He worked the event and walked right in front of a truck.  Totally his fault from what I saw.  They showed him walking in front of the truck and then stopped the video.  Awful no matter what and really terrible for every witness in the place. 

The only death that has happened was a few weeks ago in Tacoma. A little boy was killed in the stands when debris from a truck hit him.

I can't find anything that mentions a worker getting killed by a truck.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Actually there have been.  The little boy in Tacoma and then an events promoter that walked in front of a truck.  One was a freak accident and one was his own fault, like the PP said.  I think they're a lot of fun and most kids enjoy them.  However, they are LOUD, so invest in some ear plugs if your kids have issues with noise.

Quoting AnnF:

Quoting atlmom2:

The only death that has happened was a few weeks ago in Tacoma. A little boy was killed in the stands when debris from a truck hit him.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM

This just happened in Madison WI.  It was a worker, not a spectator. 

Shocking Monster Truck Death Caught On Tape

MADISON, Wis. (AP) ―

Quoting AnnF:

Quoting atlmom2:

AnnF
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

This just happened in Madison WI.  It was a worker, not a spectator. 

Thanks, I googled monster jam in the news and it didn't come up. Now I put in monster truck and it comes up.

How sad for the driver and families.

Trasee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I've been taking my daughter since she was under a year.  We actually just went last Friday. I have the head phone things that you can get for children that blocks out a great amount of the noise.  Here's a picture of my daughter wearing them...

Public school teachers are not responsible for the education of our children. As parents, we delegate that responsibility to them. I choose to have the sole responsibility of the upbringing, wellbeing and education of my child.                      ~I'm proud to be a homeschooling mama!~

Homeschooling in Southern Oregon? Join us at http://www.cafemom.com/group/sohomeschoolers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)