Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies For Sale! (this is sick!)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

The following entry below is an actual blog entry from an "adoption consultant".  The adoption industry loves to claim that the prices charged isn't equivellent to baby selling....well, then why are the prices different based off race(notice how a caucasion baby goes for almost $40,000 but mixed race or minority children go for less)?  Here is the link:

http://apathoftheheart.blogspot.com

The following are our most current situations available to our clients:
1.) *NEW* Caucasian/African-American Boy, 2/10/09, UT, $23K + potential medical expenses, *BM used marijuana during pregnancy and wants open adoption with poss visits
2.) *NEW* African-America/Hispanic Girl, 2/28/09, Maryland, $20K, Alcohol exp during pregnancy
3.) *NEW* Caucasian/Hispanic Unk Gender, $35K, May
4.) Caucasian Unk Gender, $37K, June
5.) Caucasian/African-American Boy, $30-35K, Apr
6.) Caucasian/African-American Boy, $30-35K, June
7.) African-American Boy, 2/23/09, $20K, GA
8.) African-American Girl, 3/10/09, $20K, AL
9.) African-American Boy, 3/13/09, $20K, GA
10.) African-American Boy, 3/25/09, $24, UT
11.) African-American Girl, 4/11/09, $24K, UT

Contact me at karalee@christianadoptionconsultants.com if you're interested or to find out more about CAC.

Don't bother trying to leave a comment.  After several people left comments about how horrible this was, she is now moderating comments.  This delusional broad only wants positive thoughts.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Crystal_N
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM

maybe the prices are what the parents are asking for. i work for an attorney, and there was a family that was going to adopt their baby out but when they found out that the adoptive parents were not going to give them $ for the baby they said that they could not have it. they girl was about 15 i think. it was a crazy thing. but - that might be what the parents are asking for. but i could be wrong......there are some crazy people out there. so.......i dont know.

randi1978
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Actually, those fees are listed as "agency fees".  Birth parents cannot demand money in exchange for the child. 

Quoting Crystal_N:

maybe the prices are what the parents are asking for. i work for an attorney, and there was a family that was going to adopt their baby out but when they found out that the adoptive parents were not going to give them $ for the baby they said that they could not have it. they girl was about 15 i think. it was a crazy thing. but - that might be what the parents are asking for. but i could be wrong......there are some crazy people out there. so.......i dont know.

Crystal_N
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

well the mom i saw def walked out when she found out that she wasnt getting any $. but maybe the $ is to help support all the children the state has to support - like a donation kinda thing......we can only hope.

Quoting randi1978:

Actually, those fees are listed as "agency fees".  Birth parents cannot demand money in exchange for the child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)