Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know how to fixed scratched dvds?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone know any home remedy type things for this? My son's cars movie is a wreck and I want to try and fix it before buying another one.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jess311
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM

we bought a dvd scratch repair kit, you could try toothpaste or peanut butter as a temporary fix

offrdngal
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM

We were told by an employee at Game Stop to use rubbing compound to get rid of scratches on cd's and dvd's.

Terri

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Quoting offrdngal:

We were told by an employee at Game Stop to use rubbing compound to get rid of scratches on cd's and dvd's.

what's rubbing compound?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
cehendricks
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Abrasive Rubbing Compound

Quoting RosePetalTears:

Quoting offrdngal:

what's rubbing compound?

Here are some other things that might help:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/37090/how_to_repair_scratched_cds_and_dvds.html

GOBryan
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I bought a repair kit before but it may work on very very light scratches. I mean very light. 

I've tried different things but nothing seems to really do the trick and I must have 20 scratched up because my now 4 year old son kept climbing up and pulling them out of the DVD player. Then he'd play with it on the floor. By the time I realized it, they were all damaged.

Someone has said mayonaise before but that didn't work.

I'm going to take the above posters advice and try rubbing compound to see if that's any good.

I swear I'm gonna go with Blueray sooner or later. They say those are harder to scratch up.

offrdngal
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM

You can buy it at the auto parts store

Quoting cehendricks:

Abrasive Rubbing Compound

Quoting RosePetalTears:

Quoting offrdngal:

what's rubbing compound?

Here are some other things that might help:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/37090/how_to_repair_scratched_cds_and_dvds.html

Terri

vagranny
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM

It may sound crazy but I use toothpaste and it works for me, my grandson is very hard on dvd's, I rub in the toothpaste and hold it under the faucet rinse it off and dry well with a soft cloth. I heard this would work but I didn't believe it so I tried it with an old movie first and it worked. rinse it in cold water. 

glitterteaz
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM

go to hastings they will buff them out for a dollar each

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)