Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any1 else watch Biggest Loser?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

Im watching it now, and Dan's talk with Jillian almost made me cry.

For those who dont watch, Dan's 406 pounds, at the age of 19. Jillian was forcing him to run for 5 minutes on the treadmill and he would get to about a minute and quit. He looked like he was going to cry and said something along the lines of him not believing that he could get skinny because it hasnt happened yet.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savannahsmom242
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

yeah I got the chills, I love Jillian.

baly2001
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Nope, but here is a bump

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM

i love her and bob.... if i ever got on the show, i wouldnt know who i'd rather have as a trainer

Quoting savannahsmom242:

MrsGurt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I like Bob WAY better. I have workout DVDS from each of them, and I can barely tolerate Jillian.

I don't watch the show...I've caught a few bits and pieces of a few episodes, but I can't get into it.

I dunno how they do it though. I have NO endurance, and I'm only 25lbs over weight (actually only about 10lbs according to charts and stuff). I walk a lot, but when I try jogging, I don't last more than about 15 seconds. I have an elliptical at home and I'm out of breath and my heartrate is through the roof (not in a good way, as in a headed to the ER if it goes any higher way) after a minute on it. I can't imagine being 200lbs overweight and trying to do those things.

Quoting Momsince1106:

i love her and bob.... if i ever got on the show, i wouldnt know who i'd rather have as a trainer

Quoting savannahsmom242:

~PJ~

I'm a vegan, Reiki practicing, yoga doing, English majoring, crystal healing, recycling, upcycling, home-schooling, volunteering, animal welfare advocating, Navy chief's wife and SAHM to JR (9/3/03) and Maverick (11/17/05), and "mom" to 12 indoor only cats, 4 dogs, 2 leopard geckos, 2 tortoises, 2 chinchillas, 2 cockatiels and a fish, and foster mom to the occasional litter of kittens, dog, or even orphaned raccoon! Spay and neuter your pets! Be blessed...but more importantly, be a blessing!

lilmomma92706
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM

My husband and i think it was pretty rude of the brown team to fight to stay. If it were me I would ask to be sent home, cause Dan needed it worse then the brown team. Hubby and I were really bummed, but at the end of the show when they show what he looks like now. He looks amazing!!!!

Are you a mama who is a sister Of Epsilon Sigma Alpha International. If so, join my group here.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ESAintl

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM

yeah, Dan needed it more, but i think the other teams saw that the brown team would work harder for it.... Dan's partner admitted to slacking off while home.

Hopefully Dan (and that old guy from the i think white team) lose a ton of weight.

Quoting lilmomma92706:

My husband and i think it was pretty rude of the brown team to fight to stay. If it were me I would ask to be sent home, cause Dan needed it worse then the brown team. Hubby and I were really bummed, but at the end of the show when they show what he looks like now. He looks amazing!!!!

savannahsmom242
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I didn't think they should have to keep fighting to keep Dan there, JUST because he's the biggest.  He was below the line for the 2nd time.  I think they all deserve to be there, if I was in the situation I would have fought for my child to stay too.  I was sad to see Dan go though, I'm so glad he's doing well at home!

Quoting lilmomma92706:

wintersmommy06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I agree with you

Quoting savannahsmom242:

I didn't think they should have to keep fighting to keep Dan there, JUST because he's the biggest.  He was below the line for the 2nd time.  I think they all deserve to be there, if I was in the situation I would have fought for my child to stay too.  I was sad to see Dan go though, I'm so glad he's doing well at home!

luckycalifornia
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM

You should come join us over at the Biggest Loser Groupies!!!! Check it out. :)

proudmamaof2kid
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I am sure if people try hard I am sure they can, know is hard for them that is very big, but I seen people that is that much they could and I am sure he can too as long he believe in himself, it hard first, but gets easy the more he do and not give up.

Quoting Momsince1106:

Im watching it now, and Dan's talk with Jillian almost made me cry.

For those who dont watch, Dan's 406 pounds, at the age of 19. Jillian was forcing him to run for 5 minutes on the treadmill and he would get to about a minute and quit. He looked like he was going to cry and said something along the lines of him not believing that he could get skinny because it hasnt happened yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)