Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! Freaking out a bit EDIT UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy? What were your symptoms? Especially if it happened with an IUD like the Mirena.

I have the Mirena and have been having a ton of pain in my lower abdomen and pelvic area and low back pain, all mostly on the right side as well as some spotting and dizziness. I don't know what is going on but I was reading stuff about Mirena and it had mentioned an ectopic pregnancy. Well, I don't know much about them.

Any help is appreciated! DH is on the way to the store to get pee tests. Do they show up on regular test????

Pregnancy test said negative. So it's probably not that. Now I don't know what it is. I think I should wait until the morning and then call my OB if I'm still hurting or if it gets worse go to the ER. TY ladies for all the advice though and I hope nothing turns out to be wrong.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momsince1106
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM

they should still show up on a regular test

could also be a cyst (although i dont think cysts are associated with spotting, mine weren't that i know of)

i would go to the doc ASAP and get it checked out if you are having wierd pains

gogogadgetgal
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Here's a bump! :-) 

~ Need a place to come relax , unwind, and just be yourself?~ Come Join Us At CozyChicChat 

in love american football slide

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM

What Are the Symptoms of an Ectopic Pregnancy?

Common symptoms include:

• Light vaginal bleeding
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Lower abdominal pain
  • Sharp abdominal cramps
  • Pain on one side of the body
  • Dizziness or weakness
  • Pain in the shoulder, neck, or rectum

(from WebMD)

Brandy.B
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I had a few cysts that went away on their own once but the pain was different, and not in my back. Idk though. Also dh mentioned the spotting could just be from the mirena itself which can be somewhat common but again, idk

Quoting Momsince1106:

they should still show up on a regular test

could also be a cyst (although i dont think cysts are associated with spotting, mine weren't that i know of)

i would go to the doc ASAP and get it checked out if you are having wierd pains

Domzmom2005
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Like the PP said I'd go to the dr ASAP because it could be a list of things...

I hope that everything is alright!

HaileysMommy130
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

hun....i would go to the er....my friend had an ectopic pregnancy and her tube burst and she had to have surgery. just to be sure go please.

*Hailey Dorothy* January 30th, 2007 @3:04pm  *My 1 and only Lil'Princess*

scusa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Have you had Mirena for a while? It could be your body rejecting it as a foreign object. It's natural for the body to do that. Call your Doctor ASAP. 

Brandy.B
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Just since Jan.5th

Quoting scusa:

Have you had Mirena for a while? It could be your body rejecting it as a foreign object. It's natural for the body to do that. Call your Doctor ASAP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)