Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternal instinct (kinda long)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am still kinda frazzled about everything but gotta get this off my chest

I watch my friends two kids almost everyday and today just played out extremely weird. well this morning my friends brings her kids over just kinda like any other day but doesn't want to leave them . well i take her little girl to school and her little boy comes home with me and plays with mine all day. we go and pick up the little girl from school and like clock work i go and feed the little boy but he falls asleep in his highchair, which NEVER happens this boy is like a bottomless pitt and loves his food. So i clean him up and put him upstairs and the crib and falls right asleep which NEVER happens he always whines a bit. i don't know why but i always shut the door to the bedroom so the older kids don't wake him up and today i DIDNT I don't know why

today around here there is something called the mom van and i was saying if he wakes up on time we'll go if not we'll stay. He wakes up so we go which he usually doesn't and i ALWAYS miss it. i get the mom van done and over with and we go to the park right next to it. ALL of my friends that i have are there have never been to this park before or haven't been in a long time and they ALL decided to stay. not even 10 minutes later the little boy falls on the bridge part he seemed to be taking his time down so he didn't seem to fall hard.i start walking over to check on him kinda like he was deciding if he should cry about falling or not i walk up there closer and he starts seizing he is only 19 months old. i grab him and try to stimulate him and lay him on his side, one of my friends that was there called 911, one watched all of our kids which there was about 8 kids, and one goes to the preschool across the street to see if there is a school nurse that might be able to help.

After the seizure was over i waited about 5 minutes and called the kids mom to tell her to come quickly and I let her know what happened. she told me that she was feeling anxious and that she needed to get out of class, that she just needed to see her children. i was calling just as she was walking out of the school. if i would have called any sooner she would not have gotten the message for 2 hours if she would have stayed, and not had that gut feeling.

She gets home as quickly as she could and i asked the paramedics if they could wait for her and they told me no that they had to leave. they put the little boy in the ambulance and i told them thats shes right here shes just 2 blocks away and they started to drive away. For some reason they stopped have no clue why and did something with the back doors when his mom pulls up and parked right in front of the ambulance. so fortunately she was able to go with him. so far they don't know what cause the seizure it could be heat related or trauma from the fall they have no idea. but hes doing good so far. I just find it extremely odd how everything played out almost so perfectly. i honestly don't know what i would have done if it was me by myself and how i would have reacted if i didn't have anyone there to help. it was one of the scariest things I've every witnessed and I'm still just so frazzled about it.

Please pray for him I hope everything will be alright.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Aww poor baby.. I will keep him in my thoughts. It's crazy how sometimes you 'just know'. Blows my mind!!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:15 AM

wow- that is a scary day for you!  I hope he is alright! 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:19 AM

he seems to be doing ok so far i watched her little girl for the majority of the day just took her home at 8 when i got there he was walking around and playing with his sis and my son. He did seem a little tired though they said he'd be tired for a while.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM

WOW!  Everything did just fall into place.  Be sure to let us know when you find anything out.  I hope he's okay.

The same thing happened with DS when he was staying with my sister one day.  She said he seemed kind of out of it all morning and suddenly had a seizure.  He was fine after it was over.  We had him tested and apparently it was a one time thing.  The doctor said if it happens again we'll worry about it then.  (I still keep it in the back of my mind because out of 5 children in DH's mom's family 4 have pretty regular seizures.)  I sure hope the little boy you take care of has a good prognosis like Jarrett's.  He'll be in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)