Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i'm totally freaked out right now...some guy opened our car door and asked what we were doing/where we were going...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  • 30 Replies

my mom came to town this afternoon for a dr. apt and we went and paid for the banquet center where our wedding reception is going to be...then went to pizza hut for supper.  we pulled back up to the house and aiden got up in the front seat on moms lap and was "driving" while i took the leftovers into my house and put them in the fridge.  i came back out and got back in the truck and we were just sitting there talking and some guys opened the back door behind my moms (drivers side) seat and poked his head in. scared the crap outa us and hes like "oh, i thought you were someone else" so i said, oh sorry. and he just stared at me, and was like "so where are you going?" and my mom was like "i'm dropping her off" hes like "oh, okay....sorry, i thought you were someone else"  stared at me for a few more seconds and then shut the door and walked away. i watched and he walked about a block down then turned.  and another guy walked by the truck after he turned the corner.  could have been total coincidental...but i'm freaked out right now.  like...what if hes a robber or something and was seeing if we were leaving to break into my house, and now he knows that just i'm home with a child hes going to try to break in or something....

so i'm like...listening to every noise, every car that stops at the stop sign on our corner...just freaking out waiting for DF to get home....he wont be home for probably another hour or so...so i'm just freaked.  aiden wont be going to bed til he gets home thats for sure....who does that though....it was creepy and the way he was looking at me.....i'm glad i'd put aiden up in the front seat with mom otherwise he would have been in the middle of the back seat where the guy opened the door....freaking crazy....

**edit** i just called the police and told them.  she said she would pass the information on to the officers and let them know.  i really hope it was just a mistake and this guys isn't someone whos going to be breaking into somones house later....or worse, someone whos going to come back here for me :s

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerain31
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM

i would be freaked too

michelle1027
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

CALL THE COPS!!!  Totally!!  they can do drive-by's throughout the evening checking things out!  they can also drive around and see if those guys are still wandering and ask them what they are doing!!!  OMG - call the police!!  Do NOT put your baby in danger.....You just never know anymore!!!  BE CAREFUL!!

candy6
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

That is really scarey! Be safe and keep the doors locked and the phone near you or even keep on it with some one. I would be freaked out too!! hugs

Candy6

missingbelle
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Quoting michelle1027:

CALL THE COPS!!!  Totally!!  they can do drive-by's throughout the evening checking things out!  they can also drive around and see if those guys are still wandering and ask them what they are doing!!!  OMG - call the police!!  Do NOT put your baby in danger.....You just never know anymore!!!  BE CAREFUL!!

smorekids
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM

That's so weird! I would be freaked out too!

BlessedMother74
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:03 PM

That is really freaky.  I think I would be totally freaked out.  This just gave me the chills........  Be very careful........

momoftwo152
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I think I would call the cops and report it. He may be casing your neighborhood and they may be able to send a patrol car around a couple of times to keep an eye out. Better safe than sorry. He may not come back to your house since he knows someone is home, but he may go to a neighbor. I'm glad you didn't walk into something, it could have been dangerous. I'm glad your ok. Take care tonight.

preemiemommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Quoting missingbelle:

Quoting michelle1027:

i have no idea where he went...

SylviaNCali
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Man that is really scary. I'm glad you all are OK, hopefully they don't hurt someone else. Sometimes people get paid to kill a person they don't know and they make mistakes. I couldn't take something like that lightly especially him asking questions when he saw he didn't know you or your mother.

LauraMisch
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:06 PM

ahahahaha what the hell?!!?!?  why did you guys even repsond to them?!

i would have driven away as fast as possible  just incase, and called the cops! just to let them know there are some creeps walking around getting into people's cars without notice!!! they will keep an eye on the neighborhood for you!  make sure you call them.  now they know you're alone with your child thanks to your mother - don't take any chances!  sheesh

Goin' on 3!!! Check out our progress and other fun tidbits @ http://mischbebes.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)