Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of the crime

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am so tired of New Orleans. If I had the money, I would move in a heart beat. It's pretty shitty that we live in the number one murder state in the Untied States. Why would you be proud to call this home. We are one of the lowest in education. I am sick of watching the news and hearing about shootings and whatnot. I am tired of hearing cop/ambulance sirens all the time. I am tired of being scared shitless of night time b/c i don't want to get robbed. I can't wait to move out of this state. I pray to God that I don't have to raise my son out here.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. People suck out here!!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I know how you feel.. I used to live in an area that wasnt looked highly upon.. I mean, everytime I would go out of town and get asked where i'm from, I would tell them and i'd get that "oh shit" look and then theyd walk away. Fortunatly, i'm not there anymore..

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Sorry you have to live in a city full of crime. We have a low crime rate here as I live in a very rural area, but when people do get murdered, the murderer gets off with a slap on the wrist!

Be Wild. Be crazy. Be funny. Be Stupid

because life’s too short to be cool.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I know the feeling. Detorit Metro Area isn't any better! 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM

in my city we have a freeway that separates the good side from the bad side...its like two diff worlds! we live in the nicer part of own so I'm happy here.

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Yeah,I feel the same about Baltimore.I hate it.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:49 PM

It's just disgusting. What right do you think you have to take something from someone? Get a damn job! I mean, does it make you feel like a man holding a gun to someone? If so, then wow, what a man you are.

by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I understand what you mean hon.  I live in a neighborhood where there is nothing but drugs, crime upon crime and alot of sirens constantly and it's like wth.  I hate it in this neighborhood so much I can't wait til we move out.  We are moving I'm praying this summer cuz my son isn't goin to school on this side of town he's goin to be goin on the other side of town and I don't want to be to far from it so we are shooting for this summer on moving that way, hopefully my landlords understand where I am coming from when I tell her why I am moving from here though cuz I don't want her to think I am just skipping out on paying them anymore of the rent ya know what I mean. I love our house don't get me wrong, but the neighborhood isn't for us and I don't want to have to raise my son here any longer and granted we haven't even been here a year, but actually to me it's been long enough ya know.  I hate this side of town this is where the most crime is and this was the only place we could find when we had to get out of our old place and even that place was worse cuz it had the yucky bugs in it and I couldn't stand that I wasn't goin to put my son thru that any longer and when we were lookin around for a place this was the only one we could find and get into in such a short notice so here we are.  Tho this place is really nice and the other night my ex bf got picked up by the cops from my house (just what I need, but someone told the cops that he was here) and the cop who came into my home said that this place is the nicest, well kept, organized and cleaniest place he has ever seen in this neighborhood and I was like well thank you so much I try to keep it nice, but you know how it is having a 4 year old to clean up after or even him try and clean up after himself lol and we just laughed and laughed,but that was so awesome getting a compliment from an officer it made me feel so good inside ya know, but anyways just wanted to vent out a minute thanks for listening.

by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 3:32 AM

i know the feeling i was born in Atlanta, GA so i just try not to watch the news unless i am just flicking channels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)