Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ouch !!! piog

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

I LIVE IN FL. SO IT GETS SOMEWHAT COLD HERE TOO BUT EVERYTIME THE TEMP DROPS MY 2 YR. OLD'S WHOLE BODY GETS CHAPPED, SO FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS HE'S ONLY BEEN OUTSIDE SO I COULD TAKE HIM IN & OUT OF THE CAR FOR THERAPY & THAT'S IT CAUSE HE HAS SUCH A BAD REACTION BUT I GUESS THAT WAS ENOUGH TIME TO FOR THE COLD TO GET TO HIM I JUST TOOK HIM OUT OF THE BATH & HE'S SERIOUSLY CHAPPED ALL OVER WHAT CAN I PUT ON HIM I DON'T WANT IT TO START BURNING/HURTING HE ALSO HAS ECZEMA SO I ALREADY HAVE TO KEEP HIM LOTIONED UP ALL THE TIME FOR THAT HE JUST HAS REALLY SENSITIVE SKIN, IS IT NORMAL TO BE THAT SENSITIVE THOUGH???? & DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON SOMETHING I CAN PUT ON HIM?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HaileysMommy130
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Aquaphor cream. my brother had the same problem when he was little and that helped

*Hailey Dorothy* January 30th, 2007 @3:04pm  *My 1 and only Lil'Princess*

awyrick
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Yes Aquaphor has a baby Aquaphor its like vasoline and works wonders...  Hope your LO skin gets better soon!!

Quoting HaileysMommy130:

Aquaphor cream. my brother had the same problem when he was little and that helped

Amanda, Group Administrator of "Babies At Their Own Pace" http://www.cafemom.com/group/babiesattheirownpace
kanooch1011
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Yes, make sure it's CREAM and not lotion.  Lotion does not moisturize as well as cream.  Try Aquaphor, like the other posters said, or try some plain old unscented Vaseline.  Eucerin cream also works well.

GUNPOWDERnLEAD
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM

We use Gold Bond lotion on our son. No outbreaks for 5 months now and going strong.

Momsince1106
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:03 PM

i'd try cetaphil....

its an adult lotion, but i can put it on raw skin or even open wounds and it doesnt sting like some lotions....

F_Stathouse
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:38 AM

You could try Bag Balm; you can get in your pet section at Wal-Mart.  It a green tin can; about 4.00 dollars I think.  Works great for me.

cawmom
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I'd go with the cheapest greasiest stuff you can find. Works great around here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)