Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull-ups or Straight to undies?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

When you potty trained did you use pull-ups or did you just go straight to undies cold turkey?

How long did it take you to potty train?

Did you use a seat on the big potty or a lil potty?

(Can you guess I am getting ready to take the leap? LOL)

Thanks!

Live Life   quiet  Without Regret.

Bad Momma Confessional... for those OMG moments.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hollykins
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Well every munchkin is different.  I tried pull ups.....didn't work.  Put him in undies (he was almost 3 1/2) and 2 days and just 3 accidents later BAM it was done.  But I didn't know how to teach him standing, so he had a small seat for the big potty.  It was in a back pack and we took it everywhere with us.  I mean EVERY where.

BEXi
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

ive always heard that the pull ups are a big waste of cash.. however, i dont know from experience... not quite there yet.

simonsmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I use pullups.  My son doesn't care if he's wet or that there's pee pee running down his leg.

I'm still pottytraining.  My son turns 3 in April.  He's stubborn.  LOL

I use a little potty and he gets on the big potty.  I recommend using a kid size seat to put on the big potty lid.

Good Luck!  Hope yours trains faster than mine.

mommyto3girlies
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM

i used undies and she was potty trained in 2 days and she is 2 1/2. i bought her pull ups for night time but have not even used them. they were actually a wase of money for me. i put them on her when we go out just to use them lol so i didnt waste money like dh says lol.

Photobucket

natalieg
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I worked in daycare so I helped potty train a lot of kids. Pull ups are a waste of money. It seems to take longer to train when they are in pull ups. With underwear it's messier, but they don't like when they get wet or dirty so they tend to learn faster.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 AM

With my last one I really waited until I saw the signs that he was ready. He was dry all through his 3 hour nap and was going a couple of hours between wet diapers when awake. He was literally a week shy of his 3rd b-day and I took off his diaper, put the seat on the toilet and said time to go. It took maybe a week for him to truly get the hang of it, but it was done. Convincing him to give up the diapers was another story. He used them like undies for another month before he was comfortable enough with the idea of undies.

I have 3 kids and none of them liked the little potty. The just looked at it funny and I bought a seat for the regular toilet. And a collapsable one for on the road.

matissesmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:59 AM

every child is different, but honestly we went straight to the undies and we were done in 2 days....I have a copy of the 3 day potty training method and if you pm me with your email address I can email it to you.....

chiquitanitaz
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:06 AM

1. Undies only. Diapers for Nap and Bed time (Two Months)

2. She wanted the big potty had her pick it out.

3. 2 months 100% diaper free 3 bedtime accidents.

mommyx206
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Went straight to panties. Had her pick the ones she wanted. Took 1 wk and she has never peed the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)