Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Triplets @ 17....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

how nice it must be....am i the only one wanting to thump these kids in their eyes?

Growing family ... Sian, Callum and toddler Jaden, two

Growing family ... Sian, Callum and toddler Jaden, two

Solent News & Photo Agency

A TEENAGE mum on benefits who had a baby son at 15 is expecting triplets — at 17.

Sian Robbins was not using contraception when they were conceived, despite not wanting more kids.

Now she and her boyfriend of a year — Callum Thomas, 18 — have decided against medical advice that Sian should not try to give birth to all three babies.

Callum, who is not the dad of Sian’s son Jaden, two, said yesterday he plans to keep signing on for benefits until the babies are older because Sian “wants me at home”.

Stunned

Sian was still at school when she had Jaden in November 2006. She went back and got four GCSEs before leaving to be a full-time mum.

She and Callum got together and set up home in a rented house in Portsmouth.

They were both stunned when she fell pregnant.

Sian said: “It just happened and there’s not a lot I can do.

“I had a feeling I was going to have more than one baby but I was shocked when the doctors said it was triplets. I’m a bit scared about how I’ll cope but I’ve got my family around me — and Callum’s family.”

Doctors advised Sian to abort one or more foetus to give the others a better chance after a scan showed two sharing a placenta.

Trying for all of the triplets will also increase the risk of miscarriage.

Despite this, Sian will attempt to give birth to all three.

She is due to have a Caesarean Section seven weeks early in August when she will be 18.

She said: “I was devastated at first — I was shaking. Finding out I was going to have four children in total was too much.

“But now I’ve had time to think about it I can’t wait. I love being a mum and as long as I cope and I’m there for all my children that’s all I can do.

“We’re going to do our best to look after them.

“The younger I have them the better — because I’ll be young when they are young.”

Callum said: “Even if one baby does have a problem we’ll still love them.

“I think it’s better that I’m at home until the babies get older so I’ll be signing on — Sian wants me at home.”

Sian’s mum Rachel Briggs, 40 — who has six kids — admitted she was “gutted” to learn her daughter was expecting again, but has vowed to stand by her.

Sian will not be Britain’s youngest mum of triplets.

Natalie Scanlan, 16, from Stalybridge, Greater Manchester had identical triplets in 2006.

And Amy Smith, 16, of Middlesbrough, had non-identical triplets last December.

thsarcasm-9.gif picture by dmarie21012530881776.jpg picture by dmarie2101shb46_450.jpg picture by dmarie2101

bsl.gif picture by dmarie2101                             

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SabbyMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:36 AM

It's her life, and her decision. She's lucky the guy is staying around. He should get props... Most teen fathers split, and I don't live in Britain, I'm not paying for their benefits... I could cae less. It's not my life, I have no right to judge, nor does anyone else.

Proud mommy of Tristan Alexander!

baby boyfeeding babybaby gift

Tristan is 5 months old.

Lanasmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Whats done is done--they can't go back and change it--kudos to them for not killing one of their kids and trying to have them all. --If your gonna play house, make sure you can deal with the consequences.

baby

pregnant

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Maybe England needs a better sex education system? Well Good Luck to em', I hope mother and babies go through delievery safely.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I can't imagine.  I have a 17 year old myself. 

nmjordan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

the boy has a nose like Owen Wilson!

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)