• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of u that have taken ur LO to Disney...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM
  • 2 Replies

I am taking my 3 year old DD to Magic Kingdom next month for the first time. I could use some tips, advice, suggestions. Anything u could tell me. We are going on Mon March 9th (which is her father's bday) and the 10th. We got a FL resident ticket for $99 for 2parks/2days. We're just gonna split Magic Kingdom up into 2 days since there's so much to see. Since we're going on DD's father's bday and we're buying a package deal they're giving us a gift card to use inside the park for the value of his ticket (since they have that deal to get in for free on ur bday) so that's cool. We're also gonna take her to the Bippidi Boopody Boutique (sp?) to get a princess make-over and we're gonna go a character dinner and we'll be staying at either the All Star movies or All Star music hotels. I plan on packing plenty of snacks and water bottles. Any other suggestions from and of u pros? Thanks alot!

busy momCrystal  margarita time

* Mommy to Madison - 3 & Danny - 14mons

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MADAmom2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:00 AM

bump to read later

xboxlulu
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Like you said, be sure to take a cooler with pleanty of water, juice, snacks, even sandwiches.  It's very expensive to buy anything in the park, even food and water. 

Make sure to take a hat and/or sunscreen for your LO to keep her face from getting sunburned.

Make sure to take at least one change of clothes for her, even if she is potty trained.  Sometimes the little ones are so in awe of everything they forget to warn you when they have to go potty, and once in a while the lines for the restrooms are pretty long, so even if she does warn you, she could have an accident waiting to get to a restroom.

Make sure you bring a jacket, for all of you.  And maybe a light blanket for her.  I don't know what the weather is like there in March, but we usually go in January and it gets nippy in the evenings.  Plus if you bring a blanket, you can hang it from the top of the stroller to block the sun from her face if she falls asleep.

Bring or rent a stroller!!!  There is a LOT of walking to be done and if you don't get a stroller for her, she'll be worn out pretty quickly, and a worn out little one is no fun...even if they are at Disney World. *lol*  It will also give her a place to nap when she is tired, making an easier day for everyone involved.  And it gives you a place to put your cooler, jackets and any goodies you may buy while you're there.

Don't forget about speed passes.  If there is a ride you want to ride, but the lines are long, you can get a speed pass that will tell you what time to come back later so you can get in a seperate line and don't have to wait nearly as long.

Have fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)