• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahhhh dont know what to do!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

with my tax return i want to buy a new washer and dryer cause the ones i have now are so old the dryer barley even gets our clothes dry and it so nosey we cant even turn it on when where home cause we cant hear anything else but anyways i was told by some people not to get front loaders cause they dont get any stains out and they just hate them but thats what i wanted i hate the top loaders cause of the thing in the middle i feel like i cant get enough clothes in there or my king size blanket it drives me nuts but i would rather have my clothes clean then not have enough room in my washer. so i just wanted to hear what you ladies thought who have or have had front loaders what you think of them!

Kinzley                                 Izaiah

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LoveMy7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I prefer the front loaders as for not getting out stains,I have found that to only happens whenover stuffed.

beholdhecomes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I am so glad that you posted this!  I am going through the exact same thing right now.  Our washer is so loud and it shakes our whole up stairs whenever it runs, the dryer takes like 2 hours to dry 1 load of laundry (and no they are not huge loads, regular size).  I want a new set so bad, but I have heard good things and bad things about the front load washers.  I have friends with Whirlpool and 1 friend loves hers, but she did admit that it does not get stains out well, that she has to pre-treat everything by hand before she washes it in the machine, but that it is nice to be able to do large loads. another friend loves hers and one of my friends said that it is nice to use less water, energy and time by doing the bigger loads, but the cleaning quality was not as good! 

So I don't know what to do either!

jabs54
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM

The problem with the front loading is that you have to wipe the gasket on the door dry and leave the door open so it dries out otherwise it will mold.  My dd couldn't figure out what the smell was with their new washer, it was mold (!)  According to Consumer Reports the LG is the best.  But they are very expensive.  Not sure if I will get a front loading one, even though it saves water.

ErikaM27
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I have a front loader it's not like the new ones but it's great. My dad has his own company selling and fixing washers so he got that one for me and it's been working great always gets the stains out. like someone else said you still can't put too much or it won't wash the stains out.

jdoegen
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I have a Calypso from Sears...it is a top loader, but doesn't have the big thing in the middle. It only sticks up a couple of inches so that you can put comforters, etc in. I got it a few years ago, but have had no problems-and I bought mine refurbished (it wasn't working for the lady that had it before me because she was trying to wash 42-yes, I said 42-towels at one time!). At the time they were like $1,200 new, and I got mine for $800 since it was refurbished. You might want to look into these if they are still out. I *think* it was something that only Sears carried. I love mine!!!

twiliyte
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I have a GE set (front load)- They were nearly $5000, but I wouldn't trade them! I can not only wash the king size comforter, but I can throw in all the sheets and pillowcases at the same time! I wash an entire FULL hamper at once! We do 2 loads of darks and 1 load of whites each week- and we are a family of 6 and have at least 1 extra on a nearly daily basis!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)