Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Layman's terms, PLEASE! piog

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

I would like to know exactly what this stimulus package, that just got approved, will actually mean to me and my family.

Will it mean my mortgage payment goes down? Will it mean the payment goes up?

Will I be able to go get a car loan, just like that? Please keep in mind, I am in school to better myself and my family, my husband has had to file bankrupcy in the past two years as well.

Will our taxes go up? Will we bring home more in our paychecks?

What exactly does this plan mean to people like us?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gogogadgetgal
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

bump 

~ Need a place to come relax , unwind, and just be yourself?~ Come Join Us At CozyChicChat 

in love american football slide

mommy_of-2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quoting ain-gell72:

I would like to know exactly what this stimulus package, that just got approved, will actually mean to me and my family.

Will it mean my mortgage payment goes down? Will it mean the payment goes up? depends on your loan type...if fixed probably not...if adjustable I am not sure...I have a fixed so haven't really paid attention.

Will I be able to go get a car loan, just like that? Please keep in mind, I am in school to better myself and my family, my husband has had to file bankrupcy in the past two years as well. I don't think you can just get a car loan they are still going to have a process...otherwise they would be doing what they use to do. You would have to prove that you can pay for it and that you can afford it.

Will our taxes go up? Will we bring home more in our paychecks? I think they have a tax break in there so you paycheck would go up some...mostly a spending bill form what I can tell some tax breaks.  It is aimed more at making jobs...

I may be wrong but that is what I have gotten out of this bill so far....

ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:01 PM

good try! i keep hearing from our president how americans need this plan. which americans? the rich? the poor? the middle class? is it just for the banks? the major companies who are struggling?

who, what, when and how?

Quoting mommy_of-2:

Quoting ain-gell72:

Will it mean my mortgage payment goes down? Will it mean the payment goes up? depends on your loan type...if fixed probably not...if adjustable I am not sure...I have a fixed so haven't really paid attention.

Will I be able to go get a car loan, just like that? Please keep in mind, I am in school to better myself and my family, my husband has had to file bankrupcy in the past two years as well. I don't think you can just get a car loan they are still going to have a process...otherwise they would be doing what they use to do. You would have to prove that you can pay for it and that you can afford it.

Will our taxes go up? Will we bring home more in our paychecks? I think they have a tax break in there so you paycheck would go up some...mostly a spending bill form what I can tell some tax breaks.  It is aimed more at making jobs...

mommy_of-2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I think what they are trying to do is get it so that employers will start hiring and have work to give people....I know that I work for a construction company and work is hard to come by some days...But I think what they are trying to do is say we will fund these projects...then they pay for work to be done that we need anyway...example roads and schools.  Then because people have work they spend money.  They are not trying to live off of unemployment and PA.  In turn the money goes back to businesses in our country and those business hire people....kinda a circle.  My problem with it is that I know they say that every dollar that is earned in your area is in theory spent five times in that area(thus making every new dollar to the area worth $5.00) Then some one spends it out of the area...So if that were true for the whole country then we will spend the money spread the wealth for a bit then ship that money over seas to China for some high tech thing that we are not paying someone in our country for....So I think that it is a great theory but am not sure it will work.  I really hope it does but am not sure I support it. 

Quoting ain-gell72:

good try! i keep hearing from our president how americans need this plan. which americans? the rich? the poor? the middle class? is it just for the banks? the major companies who are struggling?

who, what, when and how?

Quoting mommy_of-2:

Quoting ain-gell72:

ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:22 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)