• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makeup

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was just wondering how many people wear makeup if there at home all day and what kind do they wear and like.  I wear cover girl, I like Clinique but it cost too much for me to get it now.  I wear concealer, foundation, powder, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara.  I wear it when I'm at home.

Do you wear makeup if you're at home all day and not going out?  

What kind do you wear?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Its a waste of makeup and time for me to put it on if i'm staying within my house.

I do not a full face on a daily basis. If I wear anything it would be eyeliner, bronzer and gloss.

I will put on a full face for special occasions like GNO or dinner or something.

Very rarely do I put on makeup to school just for the fuck of it.  

ohmami88
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I wear it sometimes when I am just sitting at home, cause it makes me feel a lil better about myself... i just wear eyeliner and mascara though...blush and foundation and eyeshadow are only for when im going out...

Mommy of one little boy and one on the way!!!

baby

pregnancy week by week

Greys_mama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I don't wear much make-up to begin with.  Wearing it at home is pointless for me.  When I go out I only wear lip stick, mascara and sometimes eye shadow.  I can't stand the way my skin feels with foundation on it.  Plus it clogs my pores.  The make-up that I do use is either estee lauder, clinique or lancome.  I have to have good mascara and lipstick. 

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.' - Dr. Suess

BEXi
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I dont bother putting on makeup unless i'm going out to see friends or whatever it may be.. If its a trip to the store or mailbox, I dont bother wearing it then either.

I use mainly covergirl for my concealer and powder. Sephora eyeliner, maybeline blush and maybeline mascara.. ya know, the pink tube with the green top.. my favorite kind. heh.

MamaSyn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I wear it at home if I'm planning on getting frisky w/ my s/o.  We've lived together 7 years but I still put on makeup for "naughty time".  Also, if I go out just about anywhere.  I feel frumpy if I don't at least have eyeliner and mascara on.

mineralgirlzmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I wear it most days. I am a firm believer if you look good, you feel good. Being I work from home this is important. If I look professional (no suits here) I will act professional even if only on the phone or computer. Part of what I wear is makeup, hair, and getting dressed even if I am not going anywhere. I have my days where this does not happen. I am currently wearing max factor, clinique (go do the freebies with their cleanser, get free eyeshadow, lipstick, or anything they have on special), cover girl. I plan to switch part of my makeup back to mineral makeup when I find a product/company I like once again. Most likely just my foundation and blush.

CjsMama914
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:52 PM

When I have time for makeup, I wear Almay or Neutrogena. I always wear mascara though and I love covergirl lashblast. It's awesome!

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I wear lots of different kinds including Mary Kay.  IF I know I will be home all day, I usually don't put on any makeup. 

mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I don't hardly wear any make up at all.  I own one tube of Great Lash mascara and some chapstick...that's it...LOL.

Momsince1106
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM

if im home, i typically dont wear makeup... if im in the mood for makeup, i just put on eye shadow and liner. i think it's covergirl shadow, and the liner is from sally's beauty, but i dunno the brand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)