Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Hello? Tax return? You there?"

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
Our returns were accepted on the 4th and were expecting our return in today. Its not there! I found out that my father had tried to claim me on my parent's taxes a few days ago, he is an idiot because I have been independent for three years. They got that sorted out and their taxes were accepted a couple of days ago. So, do you think that the IRS might just be double checking to make sure mine are right? We got our state return yesterday.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evansmommy0828
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM
No one has had this problem? :(
mizzbranch
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM

go to the irs website and click on the where's my money link. It will tell you exactly when you will be getting it or if you go it already. if you got a direct deposit it may take the bank one or two days to post it.

evansmommy0828
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM
I've done that. :( It just said that it was accepted. It has never been late to be directly deposited before.
mizzbranch
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM

did you file with H&R block? we had a problem with getting our tax return when they said it would be in so I called and the lady said the IRS was holding some peoples taxes so it may be a few days to a week late. we got our money 3 days after i called them. i hope you get your money i know a lot of people have  things they want to do with their tax return and it's frustrating when it doesn't show up on time.

CoastieWifePR
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I'm sorry, hope you get them soon...  We filed ours on the 2nd and were expecting them between monday and tomorrow and still nothing...  Only got the state tax but still waiting on the big check which totally ruined valentine's day for us, unless we receive that money tomorrow... 

sillymommy166
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

We did ours online ourselves, they said the estimated arrival for direct diposit was for this weekend...we got our state refund tuesday, and today the federal was in there. =)

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

A lot fo them have been delayed due to the high volume.  We were supposed to get ours last Fri and didn't till today.  Check the irs website to track it.

lady_kira
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM
We filed ours on the 29th and got it today, maybe it'll be in by next friday? If not, I'd definitely call to inquire.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Don't ask me not to care
I am the heart
I beat steadily, I beat erratically
Don't ask me not to hurt
When you've taken for granted
the blood I pulse through your veins.
-By Me

theclassics1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM

im trying to locate my money too but i cant find the link can you help me please

lyndonsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM

We filed on the 29th and just got ours today so it will probably be next week for yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)