Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1st anniversary is a let down

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm really bummed out. Our 1st wedding anniversary is this Monday and I have been soooo excited! I've been talking about it for months and months now. Well my husband was wanting to plan our date for us/me so it could be a surprise (he's been married before and I have not, so he said he wanted to make it extra special). At first I thought 'how sweet' but then the more I thought about it I wanted to take part in OUR first anniversary too and make him special for him too so I told him this last week, that I wanted to help plan it and asked him what plans he had made for us so far. Come to find out....nothing :o( He said that he was wanting to get a room at the hotel we had our honeymoon in but has not yet called..he called the other night and of course, they're full. All the good restuarants are full - so we'll probably just be sitting at home. I'm just so bummed. I was soooo looking forward to a romance filled weekend, now we'll probably be at home with 4 kids.

This sucks.....  :o(

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child" - 1900
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tazz2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Don't get bummed!  Make different plans, go see a movie, or rent a movie and order take out served on fancy plates LOL  Happy Anniversary anyway! :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Have fun sitting at home.  We did on our first anniversary.  I told this story before but our anniversary weekend Dh and I worked our butts off.  I worked Friday night, ALL day Saturday 11am-midnight.  Dh worked also because I was working.  By the time our anniversary rolled around on Sunday we were dead tired.  We got up and to our amazement around 8:30am 4 single guys dh worked with and lived in our apts. walked over and brought us breakfast.  Eggs, bacon toast orange juice.  They were upset we were up and wanted to serve us breakfast in bed.  We just watched football and had a great relaxing day at home.  Believe me, after 24 years of marriage, its the days just relaxing that mean more than a romantic dinner and staying at a hotel.  We went out to eat later on that week when we were not so tired. 

Ann7227
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Man that sucks. I would then do something crafty for him . Like get something sexy to wear for when the kids go to bed. Make him your guys favorite dinner. And make a desert. There are things you can still do.  

sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I thought about doing some of those. My sister owns a mobile spa, where the massage therapist, chef, etc come to you, whether your in a hotel, home, etc. She said she would provide us service at cost. The chefs are booked but I thought about my husband and I getting a one hour massage together, which I thought would set things off on the romantic bit. He said he didn't want a massage but i could get one. I don't want to sit there for an hour with my face in a bed while he watches t.v. ya know?

Quoting Ann7227:

Man that sucks. I would then do something crafty for him . Like get something sexy to wear for when the kids go to bed. Make him your guys favorite dinner. And make a desert. There are things you can still do.  

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Our first anniversary, we had little money and could not afford to go out.  While dh was at work I cooked steaks (his parents butcher a cow twice a year so i went and got a couple of steaks from them) set the table with our good china went and got a bottle of cheap wine, had candles all over the house and borrowed a sexy red dress from my friend.  When he got home I met him at the door with a glass of wine and told him to go take a show and change clothes while I finished dinner.    The night was perfect and we had a great time.    At first I bummed that we were not going to be able to go out and "celebrate" then I realized the celebration is being together.

Just make it special.  And have fun.

SabbyMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I would be happy to just spend that day together. I'm not married, but on my one year anniversary with my bf, we were separated by 8000 miles. Today is our year and a half anniversary, and we are once again separated by 8000 miles. Personally, I'd be happy no matter what we did that day, as long as it was spent together... Please count your blessings...

Proud mommy of Tristan Alexander!

baby boyfeeding babybaby gift

Tristan is 5 months old.

Ann7227
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Can you get a sitter and do something else. Also call the Hotel and see if they can call you if someone cancels their room.  Or if you have money go to a nicer Hotel .

Quoting sexeegyrl:

I thought about doing some of those. My sister owns a mobile spa, where the massage therapist, chef, etc come to you, whether your in a hotel, home, etc. She said she would provide us service at cost. The chefs are booked but I thought about my husband and I getting a one hour massage together, which I thought would set things off on the romantic bit. He said he didn't want a massage but i could get one. I don't want to sit there for an hour with my face in a bed while he watches t.v. ya know?

Quoting Ann7227:

sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

We do have a sitter just incase we think of something to do but I don't know what. We've called all the nice romantic restuarants and they are booked. The hotel we were going to go to was $250 b/c it's a Valentines special...we can't afford much more than that. I just don't know what to do. We thought about going to a bar and having a few beers. Since I breastfeed we haven't done that in forever...but it kinda kills the romance being in a smoke filled bar.

Quoting Ann7227:

Can you get a sitter and do something else. Also call the Hotel and see if they can call you if someone cancels their room.  Or if you have money go to a nicer Hotel .

Quoting sexeegyrl:

Quoting Ann7227:

Ann7227
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I'd go to the bar !! lol No but you never know somewhere they should have a canceled reservation that night. If I was you I would wait and do it next weekend.

Quoting sexeegyrl:

We do have a sitter just incase we think of something to do but I don't know what. We've called all the nice romantic restuarants and they are booked. The hotel we were going to go to was $250 b/c it's a Valentines special...we can't afford much more than that. I just don't know what to do. We thought about going to a bar and having a few beers. Since I breastfeed we haven't done that in forever...but it kinda kills the romance being in a smoke filled bar.

Quoting Ann7227:

Quoting sexeegyrl:

Quoting Ann7227:

honeyb3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I think your expectations were too high. When you get married and already have kids that is usually the type of thing that happens when special occasions 'need' to be celebrated.

You should just try to get over it, and try to make the day special in little ways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)