Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

could use some advce . . BIRTHMARKS

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

Hey girls my son has a bithmark on his back and before i go into detail i was just  wondering if i could hear off some mums whos children have birthmarks and telll me what they are like annd if they have caused them any problems ive got myself in a state by reading stufff on the net so could  really use some help xxxxxx

'simple frown

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM

generally birthmarks are completely harmless - can you be more specific?

If you love playing on Pogo, join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I have a birthmark on my upper arm about the size of a quarter.  Never had any problems with it and I am 47 years old. 

lenalove
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM

my son was born with a strawberry hemangioma on his nipple. the ped. said it should go away soon.

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM

This is what happens when you read EVERYTHING you come across online and on TV....lol

Birthmarks do NOT cause problems for ppl. period :)

My DD has a thin birthmark on the back of her neck. (right near her hairline) No joke. Healthier than a darn horse. lol

MommyToEthan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM

my son has the same thing, but his is on the side of his tummy area...   he's almost 2 1/2 and it's still there but it's alot smaller than it was when he was born.

Quoting lenalove:

my son was born with a strawberry hemangioma on his nipple. the ped. said it should go away soon.

I am the new owner of RAISING BOYS.   Come join us!!  This is a group for all mother who have boys, regardless of their age.   All are welcome.   Come meet some new friends!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/336

Mandafers
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM

My DD has birthdmarks - one very large prominent one that covers part of her vagina, lower left abdomen, and left thigh, with a spot on her calf. It is a port wine stain. She has a (I think it's called) caffe latte stain on her left arm. It's not large now but that's because she's so small. It's two tan streaks down the upper part of her left arm that get darker when she's in the sun. She has a stork bite on the back of her neck (hair covers that) and angel kisses on her nose and between her eyes. These were very noticeable when she was born, but now you can only see them when she cries or gets mad.

I'll be totally honest, I felt kinda sad when she was first born and I saw that she had a huge birthmark on her leg. I felt like she was less than perfect. (Not to mention the fact that my in-laws thought it was awful and said my genetics were going to be a problem for my baby. Guess what? Birthmarks are on THEIR side of the family, not mine! But that's a whole nother issue...) Now my beautiful little girl is turning two years old tomorrow and she couldn't be more perfect. She doesn't even notice there is anything "different" about that leg. To be totally honest again, a lot of times I forget about it, even though I can see it.

I've talked to a lot of people who have birthmarks and ask them, "Were you teased as a child?" and every person has told me no. In short, I don't worry about her birth marks anymore. I am trying to teach her to embrace her body and not be ashamed of it (a philosophy my MIL thinks is crap, but again, a whole nother issue!)

Don't feel bad if you're kind of dissapointed, part of it is hormones. Next thing you know, your sweet little baby will be so perfect to you, he couldn't change it if he had two heads and a tail!

Good luck momma!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar

mystic-monkey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

well i just started reading up on it coz it/ gettin bigger hes had it since he wasborn base of his spine like a dark red upside down heart thanks ladys x..

Mandafers
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I should also add, NONE of these birthmarks are potentially harful for her in ANY way.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar

DayDaysmom19
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM

My DD has a few on her back side actually. One is a reddish one right at the base of her spine and the other two are grayish on her tushy, one right on the top of her crack and the other over to one side. Both of them kind of look like bruises. She's had them since she was born though.

mystic-monkey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Quoting DayDaysmom19:

My DD has a few on her back side actually. One is a reddish one right at the base of her spine and the other two are grayish on her tushy, one right on the top of her crack and the other over to one side. Both of them kind of look like bruises. She's had them since she was born though.

this is exactly where my sons is x

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN