Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a car accident tonight--does anyone know?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

Tonight, I wrecked my car. I was the only person involved. Do I have to make the insurance claim tonight, or can I wait until tomorrow morning? I'm kind of frazzled and not thinking straight right now....my husband's at work till 6 am....

Thanks.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lvnmylif
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:13 AM

It is best to call as soon as possible.  That being said nothing is going to change between right now and tomorrow mourning so it is perfectly fine to wait and call.

resamerie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Most insurance companies have a 24hr hotline. All they will do is take a brief statement noting that you reported it and get back with you in the morning It's best to just do that now so you can say you followed their rules. Good luck, hope you're not hurt. 

fwkitten2008
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM

My husband got into an accident tonight as well. I have Nationwide and they have an 800# so I called it in tonight. Its best to do it asap!! Good luck. Are you ok? My DH has whiplash. His best friend and his  3 kids were in the car too. Thankfully they are ok except some bumps and bruises.

MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I think I'm okay. My back hurts, but I'm not sure if it's from work or the accident (I was on my way home from work when it happened). If it still hurts in the morning, I'll go to the doctor. Thankfully, I was the only one in the car, and no other cars were involved. I slid on some ice and hit a guard rail. I wasn't going very fast, so I didn't hit very hard luckily--but my car's pretty beat up.

Quoting fwkitten2008:

My husband got into an accident tonight as well. I have Nationwide and they have an 800# so I called it in tonight. Its best to do it asap!! Good luck. Are you ok? My DH has whiplash. His best friend and his  3 kids were in the car too. Thankfully they are ok except some bumps and bruises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)