• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter. What's for dinner?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

Burgers, brauts, dogs, ribs, chicken

mac salad, pork & beans, baked potatoes, mac & cheese

fruit tray, rice crispy treats, maybe some fudge, and of course the Easter basket.

We have a "few" people over on Easter's

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsGurt
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:36 AM

We do the baskets and plastic egg hunt (in the house, we don't do it outside) on Easter, but we don't really "celebrate" it. It's more of a spring tradition than anything else. We do it because all of their friends do it, and because we both grew up with the same sort of thing. We don't get together with family on Easter, and we don't do anything all that special. The boys are going to help me make vegan Easter basket cupcakes, but as far as dinner goes, it'll be whatever we decide to make that night, or depending on what's open, we might go out.

~PJ~

I'm a vegan, Reiki practicing, yoga doing, English majoring, crystal healing, recycling, upcycling, home-schooling, volunteering, animal welfare advocating, Navy chief's wife and SAHM to JR (9/3/03) and Maverick (11/17/05), and "mom" to 12 indoor only cats, 4 dogs, 2 leopard geckos, 2 tortoises, 2 chinchillas, 2 cockatiels and a fish, and foster mom to the occasional litter of kittens, dog, or even orphaned raccoon! Spay and neuter your pets! Be blessed...but more importantly, be a blessing!

praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Cool!  Sounds fun!  Unfortunately I'll be alone for Easter this year. : (  Kids will be with their dad and my family isns't doing anything. Have some chicken and potato salad for me!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

We will be in sunny Florida!!!  Yipeeeeee

baby1love
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM

No tradital  meal

Baked ham sliced so we can make sandwhichs

baked beans

potatoe salad

Pizza pasta salad

cheese tray

Key lime pie

HOMEMADE banana pudding

No candy in baskets just small toys. 

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

Julie1976
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:53 PM

We normally go to my sister in laws house but she doesn't want to cook this year so my mom is coming over and we are going out to lunch because I don't want to cook either!  I have a 3,5, and 9 year old and I am not going to spend my morning cooking and then getting everyone ready for church and then easter egg hunt.  Too much stress so we're going out if we can't go to SIL's.

bailey_rc
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Not sure yet maybe steak and poto

Glitter Text Generator

HaileysMommy130
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM

well, my whole family gets together at my aunts huge house, we do a huge easter egg hunt then we eat. we usually have a lot of ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, and baked rolls. then theres a few trays of deviled eggs, fruit, crackers and cheese, and we cant forget the apple pie, boston creame pie, fudge, trifile cake, pastries, cookies and brownies and my all time fav vanilla bean cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. then we go drinking while the kids play (lol) she has a bar inher basement. if only i could have been so sussessful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)