• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There are more important things, but if you have a moment think of my furbaby today

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

I had to take my Felix to the vet at 10:00 last night.  Last week he had diarreah and I took him to the vet, we were treating him for a kidney infection and the diarreah seemed to stop and he started to perk back up. Then last night he started vomitting, I took him out and he curled up on me and went to sleep (not normal behavior).  I needed to do something, handed him off to my DH and DH found a huge lump in his tummy.  I called the vet and luckily my vet was the one on call and he was already there doing a C-section on a dog, so he told me to bring him in.  He thinks it's his lymph nodes swelling, which is bad because he's already on antibiotics so he shouldn't be getting an infection.  We may be looking at lymphoma or another kind of cancer.

So today little Felix is getting an ultrasound and x-rays and if that doesn't answer the vet's questions we may be looking at exploratory surgery.  The bill is going to be huge and we are already strapped for cash, so this is sad and frustrating, but I'm not going to let the little guy suffer.  And to top it off my DS got me up every 2 hours or less last night (I probably could have kept Felix home and observed him myself and avoided the extra $100 for the emergency visit to the vet :-P).  So please say a little prayer for my little guy, he's 4 years old and that's considered "geriatric" and they get chronic conditions around this age, that's the way it is :(

UPDATE:  They are doing surgery today :(

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM

awwww...good luck!  keep us posted!

Taking our physique to the next level........
                                  WIOSM 12 Week Challenge April 1st - June 24th

sahm_of_rj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Thanks, he's my baby.  I'm really worried about him :(

abby9876
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I'm so sorry! I know how sad, stressful, & expensive it all can be! I hope he's ok & it all works out!

A woman is like a tea bag~you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

~Eleanor Roosevelt ~

sahm_of_rj
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Update:  The little guy is not doing so good.  I'm afraid we're going to lose him.  The vet said either it was an infection that would continue to respond to the current treatment (the lump went down a little), or it was lymphoma, which is terminal.  We decided to forego the surgery (he's in bad enough shape without having to recover from surgery) and continue the antibiotic and steroid treatments.  He has good days and bad but he seems to be in serious decline today.  He is resting comfortably so I am keeping home and as comfortable as possible.  I continue to hope he will get better but preparing for the fact that he may not.  Thanks for your prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)