Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY serious question...(PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

I remember from growing up & playing in the woods that when you get a tick its VERY important to make sure you get the head out!!  Well, I discovered a tick 'down there' this morning - it was around 4:30am & I made my dh wake up to get it for me (I couldn't where it was) well he couldn't see why it couldn't wait until he got up at 5:30/45 so he didn't put any effort or care into making sure he got it ALL out.  Well, sure enough he didn't get the head!!!  I don't know how it got there & its been a long time since down there has had any attention so I don't know how long its been there!!!  What should I do?  (I cleaned the area with witch hazel)

Taking our physique to the next level........
                                  WIOSM 12 Week Challenge April 1st - June 24th

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrydferthMenyw
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I have honestly never had a run-in with a tick in my life, but I have heard that suffocating it with Vaseline will force it to back out.  Of course, if your husband pulled the body off and it is just the head, I don't know if the head is still 'alive' enough to respond to the Vaseline.  Is your husband able to grasp it with tweezers?  If nothing works, then you should really see a doctor.

Squirt254
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

can you see the head still? if you can burn a match and then blow it out, put the hot tip on the tic. it is suppose to kill them and cause them to pull their legs up, which isn't your probably, but it should get the head out. or try alcohol. it could have crawled up your pant leg and just decided to take up residance in ur undies...tell it there is NO VACANCY!!!!! lol, sorry, try burning it and the alcohol, if that doesn't work I would maybe call your doc and see if they can help you out. Good luck!

ttc

akataml
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Oh ticks are the nastiest things. Like the PP said, heat, like burning a sewing needle tip and placing it on the head of the tck.Also salt, they drop off instantly with salt.Oh wait i think thats a leech? Better yet, maybe go to the doc? Good luck though, i wouldnt play around with leaving it in or not getting it all the way out, they carry alot of sickness. 

mme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I can't see the head but it was NOT still on the tick - I inspected it well before flushing!!  Considering the area - I think I'll try the alcohol before burning... : )

Quoting Squirt254:

can you see the head still? if you can burn a match and then blow it out, put the hot tip on the tic. it is suppose to kill them and cause them to pull their legs up, which isn't your probably, but it should get the head out. or try alcohol. it could have crawled up your pant leg and just decided to take up residance in ur undies...tell it there is NO VACANCY!!!!! lol, sorry, try burning it and the alcohol, if that doesn't work I would maybe call your doc and see if they can help you out. Good luck!

akataml
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Just a thought, did you know that a ticks head continues to chew and dig deeper into the skin even after the body is removed? Not to freak you out, but thought you might need to know that

Quoting mme:

I can't see the head but it was NOT still on the tick - I inspected it well before flushing!!  Considering the area - I think I'll try the alcohol before burning... : )

Quoting Squirt254:

mme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

HOLY FREAKING COW!!  I'm calling my doctor!!  THANKS for the info!!

Quoting akataml:

Just a thought, did you know that a ticks head continues to chew and dig deeper into the skin even after the body is removed? Not to freak you out, but thought you might need to know that

Quoting mme:

Quoting Squirt254:

chagenue
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

lmao...oh the visual for the burning...hahaha...i can't even bring myself to wax the area nevermind taking a hot match to it...i picture my "area" going up in flames.  Explaine that one to the 911 operator.  (yea yea i know u don't actually use a lit match) good luck.

Quoting mme:

Quoting Squirt254:

mme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM

lol ; )  THANKS

Quoting chagenue:

lmao...oh the visual for the burning...hahaha...i can't even bring myself to wax the area nevermind taking a hot match to it...i picture my "area" going up in flames.  Explaine that one to the 911 operator.  (yea yea i know u don't actually use a lit match) good luck.

Quoting mme:

Quoting Squirt254:

mme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I have a doctor's appt @ 2:30!!

akataml
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Good  luck!!

Quoting mme:

I have a doctor's appt @ 2:30!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)