• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We all have one; what's yours?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 54 Replies

Okay, we all know that we must take care of ourselves, not just our kiddos.  What's the one thing you afford yourself?  Your guilty pleasure that's ALL for you and ONLY you!?

For me... it's a tanning salon membership.  I spend $30 a month to have unlimited tanning at my disposal.  It give me a much needed 10 minutes of quiet time (other than the hypnotizing hum of the bed) after I drop the kids off at school and before I go to work .  It's so refreshing, and gives me a healthy glow year round. : )

** Before anybody starts preaching about the dangers:  I usually only go once or twice a week, and I use the level 3 bed so most of the "harmful" rays are filtered out.**

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chagenue
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

i wish i could say there was something...lol...  this week i get paid so i plan on shopping for myself, getting some spring dresses. 

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I get my nails done about every 6-8 weeks. 

praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Sounds fun!!!  Can I come too??!! : )  I <3 shopping!!!

Quoting chagenue:

i wish i could say there was something...lol...  this week i get paid so i plan on shopping for myself, getting some spring dresses. 

MOM22QTS
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I get my nails done about every 2-3 weeks. I also get pedicures in the spring/summer months faithfully.

I love handbags, i buy a lot of handbags, maybe once a month..nothing too expensive. I don't spend more than forty dollars on one.. 

ColtsFan1912
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

We can do things for ourselves? lol thats news to me :) I'll have too look into that hehe.

"To sum it up all in one, I can't help but loving you, reminders of finer things so pure you were sure they would crumble & break, but so beautiful you knew they could not..perfect down to the last eyelash" Element 101.

zodia
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Books.

I love to read. It actually an addiction of sorts for me.

SO i will buy books , i hardly buy clothing for myself, or even makeup. BUT i will buy my books dangit!! he he

ShadowRaven
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM

My laptop lol. I bought it when we got my tax return. Now we don't have to fight over the comp and he's not allowed to touch MY laptop lol. Lame, I know.

I also have a book collection. I love to read. Practically every time we go on a major grocery shopping trip I buy at least one book.

I'm such a nerd.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

GOBryan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Massages. Hubby and I will buy a 5 session plan for $325. which includes tips and renew it when it's over. We usually go twice a month, when he's home for the two weeks, so it turns out to be $325.00 per month, give or take.

I really can't say that we don't indulge ourselves regularly. We're fortunate enough to be able to do so without waiting for a special time but massages are definitely for us.

LiChanelsMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I go to the tanner, too! I don't think thats my indulgence though. I think it would be all the books and bubble baths and foams and creams and candles I buy to take my bath every evening.

mommycat8876
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I get my nails done every other week and a pedicure once a month.  I also do the tanning.  And every now and then I have a girls day out...shopping and lunch!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)