Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this too much for a one year old class at daycare?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM
  • 26 Replies

Landon is 21 months and his daycare is having a spring party at daycare. Well I thought it would be fun to make indavisual dirt cakes in sand pales. A dirt cake is crushed oreos, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms layered in the little pales with a small shovel to eat it with. Then on top of each one is going to be a small easter egg with a sticker or two in it. Is that too much? My mom says Im going way overboard for a one year old class. But I love doing things like this. She is telling me that Im going to get made fun of if I walk in with that. What do you think?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdhshamoo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I think it's a great idea! Not too much if you enjoy doing it. The kids and the teachers would love it!

sweetrabozzi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I think they are cute

HaileysMommy130
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM

i dont think its a good idea for one year olds with the gummy worms, and especially day care centers are suspossed to keep things like that out of the room because thats when kids become allergic to things. i wouldnt waste your time with that, its a cute idea but they are infants.

MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM

not at all, and i am sure it will cost under $20 for EVERYTHING so its not alot on the pocket and its easy to make.

GO FOR IT

LiChanelsMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I love those things! lol. I go all out, too, for those type of things. I say go ahead and do it.. the kids will love it.

KierstynsMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

My daughter eats gummy worms all the time.. and we take whatever we want to daycare!

Quoting HaileysMommy130:

i dont think its a good idea for one year olds with the gummy worms, and especially day care centers are suspossed to keep things like that out of the room because thats when kids become allergic to things. i wouldnt waste your time with that, its a cute idea but they are infants.

MamaSyn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

If you want to make an extra-special treat for the kids, go for it!  I know sometimes nothing makes me happier than dropping off a batch of cupcakes to my son's kindergarten class.  Who in the world would make fun of you?  I think it's awesome that you're even thinking of it, considering the "I'm going to make babies but  not raise children" mentalities that seem so rampant nowadays. 

monshine2
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

If you love doing it and it means something to you even if your son won't remember then I say do it... He's only young once and eventually he will remember the great ways mom went all out for him. :)

GOBryan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM

It sounds like fun but an awful mess, so if you're willing to clean them up afterwards, go for it.  

..JessIca..
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM

My mom told me that I was going to get made fun of because all of the other parents will probably bring store bought things. So I should too because the kids won't know the difference.

Quoting MamaSyn:

If you want to make an extra-special treat for the kids, go for it!  I know sometimes nothing makes me happier than dropping off a batch of cupcakes to my son's kindergarten class.  Who in the world would make fun of you?  I think it's awesome that you're even thinking of it, considering the "I'm going to make babies but  not raise children" mentalities that seem so rampant nowadays. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)